L200 / Mitsy Diff info... yet again.

ProZac

G'day guys. I promised I searched, but didn't find any really useful information.

Anyone know the skinny on L200's and diffs?

I've got an L200 LSD diff sitting infront of me, and wondering what model it would have come out of. It looks like all the pictures I can find of L200 diffs, but the crownwheel measures a good 225mm (9"). Its a 4.625 ratio, if that helps. Was purchased from trademe a couple of years ago as a 2nd gen L200 diff, but I have always been under the impression that 2nd gen L200's had 200mm (8") diffs in them. Muricans are always talking about swapping the 4.625 gears from dodge D50's (2nd gen L200's) into Starions, the majority of which over there have the 'big' diff, 200mm (8"). Because drag racing.

Possibly this one is from a V6 4wd model or something? Weird. Kind of a bummer, as I wanted to fit the 3.54 cw and p from a US starion I have to it, and fit it to my 1st gen L200 for better open road revs.

Anyone out there got an 8" L200 LSD diff they'd like to sell?

I don't know fuck all about L200 diffs but have access to them at times. Can the 9" type and the 8" type be told apart from the axle spline count? Do they have a different number of splines each? I have seen a Mitz V6 axle (I think it was) that was 31 spline. And i am sure i have seen 28 spline axles from an L200 (but not sure) 

Guessing your one is a 2wd diesel ratio and your want one from a early chain drive sport 3.89 or something. Although those were often changed when new because they couldn't drag themselves along with any load in them. The 4x4 4g63 powered one I got the other week is 4.89.

None of these are LSD though.