Kicker's Honda Beat FC50

kicker

i ran some 3.5 rollers in mine and it revved its tits off and barely moved. once you got to 50 it was alright but sucked till then.  (potentially hitting limiter and lack of zaust?)

i went back to stock and its good all round now, with a little extra speed from the new variator. might try up the weight to get more speed/or a new belt

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't just chuck 3.5s in place of heavy stock rollers and expect improvments, you probably moved your shift point 5000rpm above your powerband FFS. 

Going heavier isn't going to gain you fuck all speed, but it will lower your acceleration.

Have you actually checked to see if your belt is getting full travel to the outer edge of the variatior face? 

It's all about fine tuning slight differences in roller weight until you get your variatior shifting right at the peak of the powerband with the belt travelling right out, not making massive changes expecting miracles.

i thought the 3.5s would fuck it, but they came with the kit so figured i'd try them haha. yea im kinda just winging it at this stage cause my care level is low, should read more into roller weights.

i've only gained 5k out of this variator which surprises me as most people claim 15k increase

First step is check your belt travel, use a vivid and mark a line across the face of the variatior and go for a ride, if the markers all gone the belt is getting full travel and you can likely go a little lighter. 

If your left with any marker near the edge the belt isn't going right out, slightly heavier rollers or a new belt should sort it. 

Once you get into big pipes with narrow powerbands weight becomes even more critical to get right.

On 1/5/2017 at 10:06 PM, shavenYak said:

Currently watching the terminator.   Sarah Conner rides a pretty sweet gold scooter..

Yeah thought of this thread the other night too while watching telly in the crib. Never realised the Terminator movie was sooo 80's...

Think Sarah's scoot was a Honda Elite. Want one, not too sure on the high waisted strides and poodle perm to go with it.

6 minutes ago, Steelies said:

sorry to continue spam, but the video options following that show more elite scooters, curtis mayfield and nate dogg. i concur!

Also sorry to spam, but I got a couple more elite scooters, mighty car mods, an ebay turbo review and this

Custom headgasket arrived, looks good for US$12.50
New on the left, old on the right.
R9g1DrM.jpg
Cylinder will need a hone before I button the engine up

So I have started to put the bodywork back together, the paint is shitty so if I want it to look nice it'll need repainting in future. I'm not a fan of the black, would be keen for red or something like an MR2 dark blue. 
RbbOHxk.jpg

oIinKYW.jpg

• Like 9