Solidstripe's CB/XR Mung Bean

solidstripe

So here's my old Honda CB125 - the Lifan engine installed by the previous owner was promptly removed and  a XR200 engine I got off some guy here on OS a while back was installed. Can't remember his name, good guy though, lived out Piha ways and had a sweet Volvo wag. 

Any who, gave it a paint and a new carb and away she goes. 

Also: 

* De-seamed the welds on the tank, added a 'sternal fuel gauge (just for giggles), derusted it, flushed some of the "Honda" badges, knocked some knee craddles into it and gave it a paint (Honda Metallic Ice Tea, Honda S600 red (red line also doubles as the "empty" line on the fuel gauge) and matt brown. (Special thanks to Sam for sourcing the missing badge! Looks great mate!)

* Knocked up some wood knee craddles on the tank.

* New laminated side covers with hole for the filter. 

* Ford F100 radiator hose for the intake.

* Cambells soup can front guard works a treat.

* New oversized LED/projector head light and mounts to accommodate the size conversion, hopefully be able to actually see the road at night now.

* New chopped bars, grips and throttle.

* Running 12V now so ripped out the inards and made a new battery box etc.

* New custom exhaust and muffler.

And a bunch of other small stuff.

Still to do the seat, rear light and rear guard, but that can wait. Goes in for a WoF on Friday all going well! 

LRM_EXPORT_20161129_211110.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20161129_201912.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20161129_202206.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20161129_202503.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20161129_201702.jpg
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

Back guard needed to go, and got annoyed at the prospect of having to make a plate holder and another smaller rear guard so came up with this idea. Hopefully it's WoFable? :study:

Also was going to go full LED with the lights but thought I'd keep the stock brake and indi's as they have grown on me. Hard mounted the indicators to the frame and relocated the taillight to the seat.

http://e12cet.jpg

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
On 9/29/2017 at 11:46, solidstripe said:

So this lil bronze bottler won "Best Bike" at Distinguished Gentleman's Ride in Tauranga

TAURANGA? 

TAURANGA??

TAURANGA???

Well, I live here. Are you local? I pine over bikes and there aren’t many around here that do. Keen to pine over yours sometime. 

This is great news. 

1 hour ago, SOHC said:

That looks cool, I like the wood gran. I would be the one you got the motor off

Oh choice, thanks man - it's still going hard! Just got some new clutch plates for it cause the clutch is on the way out, but other than that, just gave it a paint and stuck it in. Only had to do the intake pipe and that was it :D And the rest of the XR200 went to a good home too with some local guy wanting to retro upgrade his suspension (as I hear the '89 was better than the '90+ or something?) 

On another note, I redid the rear number plate holder which now doubles as the rear guard out of 3mm aly flat bar - way more sturdy. Also fitted two new little LED rego plate lamps top and bottom (cause of the curve of the plate it needs two haha) and pillion pegs for the WoF. I tried to argue that it never had rego plate lamps, but if that's all it needs I don't mind. Also redone the muffler bracket so it's a lot more sturdy now and hopefully takes the pivot stress off the head :D 

Next up: going to have a crack at making a bit of a tracker-type tail thing for it so I can relocate the tail light as it keeps rubbing on the rear tire and I don't know how much more they can both take haha.... 

1.jpg

2.jpg

On 10/10/2017 at 20:53, MopedNZ said:

TAURANGA? 

TAURANGA??

TAURANGA???

Well, I live here. Are you local? I pine over bikes and there aren’t many around here that do. Keen to pine over yours sometime. 

This is great news. 

Hey bro, yeah local as. I'm sure we will run into to each other sometime as I use it all the time. If you see me round just toot like crazy so I know its you haha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, solidstripe said:

Oh choice, thanks man - it's still going hard! Just got some new clutch plates for it cause the clutch is on the way out, but other than that, just gave it a paint and stuck it in. Only had to do the intake pipe and that was it :D And the rest of the XR200 went to a good home too with some local guy wanting to retro upgrade his suspension (as I hear the '89 was better than the '90+ or something?) 

On another note, I redid the rear number plate holder which now doubles as the rear guard out of 3mm aly flat bar - way more sturdy. Also fitted two new little LED rego plate lamps top and bottom (cause of the curve of the plate it needs two haha) and pillion pegs for the WoF. I tried to argue that it never had rego plate lamps, but if that's all it needs I don't mind. Also redone the muffler bracket so it's a lot more sturdy now and hopefully takes the pivot stress off the head :D 

Next up: going to have a crack at making a bit of a tracker-type tail thing for it so I can relocate the tail light as it keeps rubbing on the rear tire and I don't know how much more they can both take haha.... 

I did regret selling that, I got a KX witch was a bit too much for the nabours

I put that motor together with the best parts from those other motors, they are hard to come by now because of the speedway solos and midget car guys used them all up.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...