Matt's 1969? 50 series crown ute

rxtoy

Sweet deal. I have bit of a soft spot for these old crown utes.

From what I have read a lot of the good ones that were left in Aussie have gone to Japan in recent years? Seen quite a few in japanese car show pictures online.

Keen to see how you progress with the build, im digging the factory blue colour.

Now to find a donor parts sedan!

• Like 1

There's a guy over east who's sent some that way, I'm not sure whether it's a few or a lot, I'm not keen on the idea, but at least they treat them right over there

I think I've got a parts sedan lined up, my old MS55 has changed hands a couple of times since I sold it, and all the good bits are gone, but it will still have most of what I need, and the guy who has it currently has since bought a mint one, so I've just got to check it to make sure the chassis will work, then make him an offer. Trying to work out where the hell I can put it first though!

Sedan when I had it

C5B56675-797E-435A-98A0-FDA888FA8E41_zps

I like the blue too, my stout is the same colour, but this will definitely need a paint job, colour will be a tough choice

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Loving the ute.keeping the patina or a fresh paint job?

The superpro bushes should fit into you suspension arms.i ruffly measured up my ms53 arms to the ms65 and im sure they are the same.

also if you come across any ute/wagon series 2 tailights id be keen on those

• Like 1

Awesome, I was hoping they'd work 

not sure if these are S1 or S2 but there's reproduction lenses on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131991544822?dest=https%3A%2F%2Fitunes.apple.com%2Fapp%2Fapple-store%2Fid282614216%3Fpt%3D9247%26mt%3D8%26ct%3Duljs

theres also full red US style available 

paint/patina decision is a long way off, it'll definitely get paint at some point, but I'll probably get it done and driving first

cheers

Matt

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, rxtoy said:

Awesome, I was hoping they'd work 

not sure if these are S1 or S2 but there's reproduction lenses on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131991544822?dest=https%3A%2F%2Fitunes.apple.com%2Fapp%2Fapple-store%2Fid282614216%3Fpt%3D9247%26mt%3D8%26ct%3Duljs

theres also full red US style available 

paint/patina decision is a long way off, it'll definitely get paint at some point, but I'll probably get it done and driving first

cheers

Matt

I have those lenses! Not bad for a repo .its more just the chrome frame that holds them in

I know where there's a couple of facelift wagons I want to check out for parts, I'll check what the lenses surrounds are like when I do. Best will be going to mine, but if there's a decent second pair we'll work something out

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Ha, the stout is in NZ and the crown ute is not even a roller so it makes it difficult

corona and carina

IMG_8619.thumb.JPG.6b8debab5dacc49f440a646ee51955dc.JPG

crown sedan and corolla 

IMG_4247.JPG.9a16f2e48ca8da52808aec96f1198875.JPG

Crown ute and gf's celica

IMG_4266.JPG.c0f6d9677118a27a452f246edc2a96bc.JPG

and stout

IMG_6942.thumb.JPG.ae9ee2128ff5e40f1282554f28b8825b.JPG

corona I bought for some parts I wanted for the carina, it's going to be sold fairly quickly. Might have to sell the carina too now the Corolla has come along. I got carried away again

cheers

Matt

• Like 2

We've got a few boxes of spares but Loz has already sold off the stuff she doesn't want to keep just in case. It was her first car, she's had it for 17 years, she's stripped 4 cars over that time, and considering how hard it's getting to find decent replacement panels/glass/bumpers she just won't let it go. Can't say I blame her

• Like 2