KustomKreeps 49 Hudson - Discussion

KustomKreeps

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool project, where are you?. I've been through the ifs drama. Have a pre approved heidts one in 38 Chevy now and it still took a bit to get it right geometry and strength wise, have had a fatman one too. Be weary of the rods by Reid ones, there's talk of action by lvvta for one they mounted the rack wrong on down south.

That 54 buick is a mates car bought at auction a couple of months ago, that's a big buck ride there

very cool man, can't believe that's the factory roofline! I have seen a blue one at a show once done up like "the Fabulous Hudson Hornet" very cool.

Hudson was ahead of their time with in a lot of areas, from what I've read which is why they did so well in racing. I dig the nailhead idea.

I look forward to updates.

Please tell me you're not gonna fuck up that cool dash... :)

Not sure what we will do dash wise yet.

Im a tad underwhelmed by it to tell the truth.

Could be that im so used to our 52 Buicks dash thats full of chrome.

One thing i like is the Hudson has a glove box on both sides. One the drivers one is  behind the wheel on the dash.

Still.. i have seen 1920s and thirties stock Dashboards with more impact than the hudson.

If we do change it out it would be something from the 40s or 50s i would imagine.

Open to ideas and suggestions.

Alex

If you decide to go to the jag IFS there is a complete going car here in Wellington its low mileage with rego on hold you could have for 200.00 perhaps 100.00 either take the whole car or strip out every thing you want or could sell off .im sure my mate wouldn't mind you using his yard to disembowel it and load it on to trailer with his digger

If you decide to go to the jag IFS there is a complete going car here in Wellington its low mileage with rego on hold you could have for 200.00 perhaps 100.00 either take the whole car or strip out every thing you want or could sell off .im sure my mate wouldn't mind you using his yard to disembowel it and load it on to trailer with his digger

Hey thanks for the offer. May of taken you up on it a few months back but i already have my front end sorted. Rods by Reids LoRide3. Power steering, ridetechs Shockwave airbags & 6 piston wilwood. Zero bump steer etc made to my specs.

Hey thanks for the offer. May of taken you up on it a few months back but i already have my front end sorted. Rods by Reids LoRide3. Power steering, ridetechs Shockwave airbags & 6 piston wilwood. Zero bump steer etc made to my specs.

Its been sitting at a local garage for a couple of years the owner got sick and died

The garage kept the ergo on hold for him

any one have any ideas for a paint scheme for the old car.

We have been throwing ideas about for the last months.

will have a different grill, frenched lights, shaved handles, nosed, tidied up rare etc etc etc.

Satin Black with pin stripping was our first thought.

then we thought maybe dark red or purple.

then white with tinted windows and maybe light pin striping.

not really into two tone.

here is a few pics of the Crudson and our 52 Buick together to help with paint ideas for the Hudson.

50nkn5em.5fd.jpg

1s0c114w.kin.jpg

2j1onqya.gjq.png

Not into bright colours.

Advice and ideas!

Once the color is sorted we can start thinking interior colour.

Alex

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

My god this is sweet. I love how this looks factory sled spec. Please leave 4 door for maximum passenger loading ability.

If you are going to fuck with the body then at most you should lay the back window at a steeper angle to remove that dip in the silhoutette and make it flow in one sweeping line from the roof to the trunk. Plus make the rear doors suicide spec.

Hmmm nah not really - the Hudson has full fenders and quarter panels that are part of the body which makes a big difference in the overall look.

IMO the sedanette looks a bit prissy where the Hudson looks muscular in comparison and tough as fuck with thick pillars around the windows. 

• Like 1

Pro photo doctoring at its finest my man.

Will be staying four door, as you said easier to load people.

Will be shaving the door handles and likely the boot as well. Been trying to decide if i will go power bearclaw or save my self the hassles and just 60lb traditional shaved kit. The current latches are still in good nick and work fine so im thinking i will be going solenoids and not the Bear claws. Save me a bit of cash this way aw well. 

At the moment im stuck trying to figure out what PS pump to get. Im going to use a HydroBoost brake booster that runs off the PS pump. 

As for the 50 Buick. Im personally a big fan of the 50 Buick fastback. But chopped. I have a 52 Buick and seen a 50 fastback and its roof was even higher. a good 2 or 3 inch off the front and they look brutal. Im such a fan of the 50 buick i have the grill off one i will be using on the Hudson. 50 above is in desperate need of lowing. reduce the altitude & raise the attitude.

Alex

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

cool build you have here

i can see you will run onto issues with wheel removal if going tubbed and bagged but you know that already

perhaps you could have a cut out for the rear wheels as other cars from that time had?

and hid it with some chrome trim or stickers/wrap

or your wheel choice may need to include massive negative offset 

13 hours ago, piazzanoob said:

cool build you have here

i can see you will run onto issues with wheel removal if going tubbed and bagged but you know that already

perhaps you could have a cut out for the rear wheels as other cars from that time had?

and hid it with some chrome trim or stickers/wrap

or your wheel choice may need to include massive negative offset 

It currently has 6inch wide tires on it. I would like to go fatter naturally but really you aint going to see em.

Will be so low and with skirts on all you will see is a bit of the black rubber when viewed from the side and nothing from the rear really.

So i could stay pizza cutter small 6inch wide.

The new Moser diff is slightly narrower than stock by 2inch so inch per side. should help a lil. But yeah also means offset etc.

Or i could get larger rims. Was looking at 16's but if i went larger it would help slide down the tire further.

I have the Trans/speedo is set for a 28inch tire. So if i had say 20s on the back it would make life easier still.

Gas up the bag to high, jack the car. then drop the tire down then push lower under the car then slide out.

Rather not cut up the panels yet until i know what further custom panel work i will be doing down the track. Still its an option.

Reading on Hudson sites i see the most people get under the guards is 9inch with stock rear.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing how much crud collects in chassis rails of old US cars. I guess there were a lot of dirt roads around in the 'good old days'. I cleaned out the rails of the Mercury a few years ago, then had another session on them recently when I noticed some mouse fluff had appeared. 

I suppose a water blaster will get it out? I used air guns/pipes and a vacuum cleaner mostly.

• Like 1

that merc looks cool. will read over your threads latter when i get home from work.

Like those Oxford tail lights as well.

Yeah a farmer owned the cars and lived on gravel roads. So much dirt in it you would think it had sat in a muddy river.

The PSI of a water blaster should rip it all out of the rails no problem. help clean it up a bit. no doubt the vacuum will come into play at some point.

Since the rats also got up in the roof im expecting it to be filled with turds as well. Not looking forward to removing the headliner.

Alex