kws

Kelvin's 1985 Rover SD1 Banter

43 posts in this topic

haha, once i have the parcel tray fixed and back in the car ill certainly keep an eye out for one. I had one in the back of my old Marina, along with a tartan blanket on the rear seat back  :-)

1 person likes this

Knew i had a photo of the Marina.

OWj1Krb.jpg

Got more work to do on the SD1 shortly, just need the damn weather to clear up.

2 people like this

That fuel consumption is horrendous. It's even worse than my mate's Triumph 3500.

Its awesome. In its defence half the tank was basically poured on the ground thanks to a fuel leak :-D

There was a set on TM a couple of months ago. Dont come up often though, but if your wallet is too heavy then Rimmer Bros sell brand new replicas.

how much did they go for and i should really get it going rather then spending money on rims

1 person likes this

I get the feeling they went for about 5 hundy for the set. Was thinking of grabbing them as spares for my car, but dont have the space to store them.

1 person likes this

For your crank angle sensor wiring why not use a small p clip? Even with the twist I think there could be a risk of chafing 

Didnt have one on hand tbh. The wire will be sleeved, and will have a section of corrugated tubing on that section and then firmly ziptied to the bracket.

I can change it at a later date if needed. That bolts a fun one though as its into a coolant gallery and when you remove it a nice jet of coolant shoots out.

rivnut/rivet it possibly? If you do use the cable tie I'm sure you know but cut it off flush as they turn into razor blades after a while :)

haha yes, those little bastards will cut deep if you dont!

Very impressive. I'm keen to see if it saves much fuel with your new system afterwards.

I was really hoping to get a couple of tanks of gas on the old setup so i could compare, but i just ran out of time to go through 120 odd liters of gas. It cant be worse than the Lucas tune, surely.

Not for a long time. Theres some really good stuff on that site,

Will have a read of the tuning stuff. Also currently having a good read of the megasquirt manual tuning guides. Its amazing just how much fuel this engine needs, its bit of a thirsty dinosaur. Plan is to get the map as solid as possible, on the rich side, and then use VEAL to auto tune it down to cleaner running.

is the speeduino sequntial injection? Your probably mentioned before but I've forgotten.

Its cool how you have so much more response/drivilabity from it

Speeduino can do upto 4 cylinder sequential, but im running it in batch mode

1 person likes this

I had another look at speeduino and worked that out after I asked haha. 

It'll be interesting if you managed to do a before and after run on a dyno to see any power change. But on the flip side you seem to have much better drivibility now so it doesn't matter if it's got the same amount of power