Kelvin's 1985 Rover SD1 Banter

kws

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its freakin lush to drive, despite its age it holds the road well and the steering is as direct as it can be. Be interesting when i get the pile of receipts it apparently has, to see whats actually been done in the past.

• Like 3

Thanks :) Unfortunately they tend to fill up with rot here too, but there if youre lucky there are still some out there with minimal rust. This one is fairly solid with only minor rust here and there (Mostly little spots around window trims and things).

Ideally in the very distant future i would like to drop a 4.4 or 4.6 engine in for the added punch, but since the 3.5 seems to be in good shape ill stick with that for now. The Speeduino should wake it up a bit.

Nice motor. My first boss had a 1980 V8 5-speed (in 1984). Rough looking sleeper with a cam, Holley, heads, dual pipes etc gave 285 HP. Had a bit of suspension work but his fave mod was welding some angle along the watts linkage, made a big difference.

I'd love one but they're all rotted out here.

• Like 1

From what i have seen (and the others actually in the UK will be able to clarify), tidy examples go for a lot of money and sell quickly. The prices seem to be on the up; i guess thats what happens when availability goes down.

• Like 1

@ carols husband and lothar- are the good rust free ones in the UK expensive then? Or still cheap because of no stupid scene tax Ie Ford, VW etc

Top end...

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C792509

These...... 

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/40/sd1/

Are they expensive for over there ? Some don't seem too bad value but I remember when a good one was 500 quid (blah, blah, don't know you're born, etc....)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...