Aisan carb. Early 80's Mitsi / Toyota

Bruce 1001

I have a 4G32 engine (Mitsi) with a twin barrel Aisan carb with a vacuum secondary on it. As well as Mitsi engines, this carb was apparently in Toyota's too. (Model of carb is a C28MA, or MD-006219)

Can someone tell me where the vacuum lines / hoses from the carb should go. Please. If you have a early 80's Mitsi Lancer, L300, etc with a 4G32 it likely has this carb - I can't find a vacuum line diagram anywhere on the net or in manuals in the library.

I suspect that there should be a line going from the inlet manifold to the carb to open the power valve- both the inlet manifold vacuum pipe, and several vacuum lines on the carb have been blocked off (it's in a forklift so no brake booster or other fancy stuff - the air filter housing is not standard - possibly it had a vacuum line going there too). Possibly if there was a line going to the air filter housing this should be open, and not closed off. I also want to check that the ignition vacuum advance line is going to the correct place (ported vacuum). 

The engine was fitted in a friends forklift several years ago, and has apparently never run well - will rev if you open the throttle SLOWLY, but you can't 'blip' the throttle. I have a kit for the carb coming, but rather than then randomly playing around with vacuum hoses, if you have a diagram I can't find, or can look under the bonnet of a standard vehicle and tell me where things go it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bruce

Close but not the same. How did you get a photo into your post coz I can't? Not by cutting and pasting anyway.

The line coming from the top of your carb exiting towards the rocker cover. Where does that go? (My carb has a pipe exiting at same height but from the opposite side of the carb that has been blocked off).

Is there a line connected to manifold vacuum anywhere?

The line draped over the rocker cover - it looks like it continues down to enter the manifold below the carb on the wheel guard side. I guess this must connect to your air filter - is it controlling a flap of some sort so is effectively blocked off, or is it open to suck all the time?

While your carb is different enough from mine to be different it might give me some clues.

Thanks heaps.

Bruce

Yeah hosted the pic like kicker said.

The line coming from the top heading towards the rocker cover is the vac secondary.

The one draped over the cover comes from the manifold under the carb, it goes to the summer/winter flap thing on the intake.

The vac advance is the one visable on the base of the carb by the mixture screw.

Hello. Hopefully there are some photos below this.

The first picture shows a blocked off vaccum line coming from the manifold directly under the carb. I think this one was used for the hot / cold flap thing. The other line you can see going off to the left goes to the vacuum advance on the dizzy. You can't see it, but at about the same height there is another blocked off line coming from the left side of the carb behind what is an extension of the throttle shaft, presumably if this was set up as a twin carb. (Which for a while made me think that if this was meant to be one of two carbs, it would be running real lean - dunno though, it seems to be about the right size for this engine -28C which means 28mm primary, and it was listed in the big book of carb kits for this engine. I'm happy to be told I'm wrong)

Both the second and third photo show a crimped off tube coming from the top of the carb. Where did this one go??

They also show a line from the rocker cover which enters the back of the carb.

Not shown is a short line for the vacuum secondary.

The pipe on the inlet manifold has also been blocked off.

Note - the plunger has been disconnected - I'd just taken the top off to check the gasket shape to order the carb kit. Also missing is the auto choke. It does run better once it is warm, but still pretty crap. The forklift doesn't have a brake booster nor the original air filter cover.

10mdtrtq.ten.jpg
prdch2j5.2cm.jpg
jyn3ex5c.avj.jpg
  • Like 1

Fitted a carb lot and mr forklift is running shitloads better. Still would like to know where all the vacuum lines went, and also the water line. Water enters the base of the carb and out through a line by the idle jet. Where does that water line return please? Ta. Bruce.

Fitted a carb lot and mr forklift is running shitloads better. Still would like to know where all the vacuum lines went, and also the water line. Water enters the base of the carb and out through a line by the idle jet. Where does that water line return please? Ta. Bruce.

Are you talking about the hose near #1 in my first picture? I can check where it goes if you need.

Thank you. Looks like the vacuum secondary isn't hooked up proper. Line 4: where does the other end of that connect to?

And yes, the water line coming from number 1 - it's a different diameter than the heater hoses and any fitting I can find - so help on this would be muchly appreciated.

Ta. Bruce