Blizzo's FA/FZ franken thinng

BLIZZO

So I brought a fucked FA50 off some joker on here that had a super bent super rusty frame and the exhaust threads in the barrel were chooched and someone had tried to weld the exhaust to the barrell. Then cam gave me his bent FA frame so i had two, then sparkle aquired a whole bunch of FZ50 bits (pretty much a hole bike except frame) so i decided to hash the lot together with no real plan or direction.

heres what happened -

decided that it might be a good idea to use a little centre frame piece from the rust FA50 frame to stretch the other one, bent the other one straight before i did this-

4D18E25E-F15A-4A08-BA63-8185483F864D.jpg

then cut a section out of the rusty FA and jamed in in the centre-

AF76AF8C-ED6D-4488-9F3D-6F179C3467F8.jpg

I really like the steel FZ wheels cos they are wider and can get lush tyres for them, im going to trim the frame so i can run the entire FZ engine / gearbox and use the FZ rear wheel, will run a 110/90-12 tyre to get the same rolling diameter as an FA wheel which sould give it a bit longer legs. Also running the FZ leading link front forks, to do this i sacrificed a set of FA forks to cut the tube out of them and then cut the FZ tube out and welded the FA tube into the FZ forks. Works out looking something like this -

A59AF8C5-0E17-45FA-A474-3673D6B2FF74.jpg

201F3F6A-E42F-431E-97D2-8C674599441F.jpg

also trimmed the seat a bit flatter, mate of mine has a powdercoating setup so will PC the wheels, bars and possibly rack black. Frame will go red as i have left over red from the rally car.

So far it owes me $40, aim is to finish it for under $200 including new tyres and powdercoating, air filter, seat vinyl etc.

Penny Pinchers SC for life

• Like 8

also plan to jam an old pocket bike expansion chamber on for max old lady annoying ruckus, and gunna mill 1mm of the head for some compressions. also forgot to mention the top tube that is def needed to stop it from falling to bits haha

• 3 weeks later...

soooo, scootdawgs are life.

Fa franken thing is still coming along nicely, update will come soon.

But..... i have now also aquired this - 

15034149_10153896300197466_47417045_o.jp

have always liked the wee NQ50 / nifty 50, i picked this thing up super cheap, has a buggered motor, which does not faze me as i want to but a AF18/Dio motor in it, so if anyone knows of a dio being wrecked or a motor let me know.

Pretty keen to leave it pretty sleeper spec stock, but maybe with a disc front end, some decent rear suspension and a 70cc kit and gearing so it goes hunnitz.

wheelies and burnoutz ghee

I'm probably good thanks guypie, I have the dio motor for the nifty now so now way it's getting another poo motor.

These things are breeding, I have just acquired another 2 scoots, first one is a pretty lush yellow Honda melody deluxe (fs50) these were the upmarket model sold alongside the nifty, apparently a bit more grunt and they have a variated trans rather than fixed gear like the nifty. Seems to be plenty in the uk but bugger all here, have also been told we didn't get yellow ones her making this somewhat of a rarity. All it needed to get running was a good carb clean out and replaced the vacuum fuel tap with a manual one and boom she's all good. This things quite fun, little bit faster than an FA, I'm 100kg and it still does 45-50 with me on it.

8B14B3EC-2731-4B7D-9E93-8AEE7B13FB9D.jpg

As part of the same deal it also came with a Yamaha passola of two speed goodness, it has a little bit of rust to fix on the floor board and no exhaust, the exhaust comes out the rear on these, I have a few spare front exhaust nifty exhausts so will hack one up to make it fit, I'll likely tidy this one up and sell it, might flick the melody off too to buy go fast bits for the dio

73E16DAA-74D0-4DAB-B356-C5A29D2F8856.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

well franken suit / FA/FZ hybrid which has now aptly been named the prius is coming along nicely.

BD4814FF-9838-4216-9380-90CCAF1CC8D6.jpg

0C0038C5-E4AA-4640-9F6F-A052BBFFC5E2.jpg

quick coat of red jam left over from the starlet made it look much better. Have painted the FZ wheels with some special hard wearing wheel paint. motor is all mounted up, since this photo i have now got it lower by using a small piece of pipe in place of the shock so its not hardtailed and as slammed as it can be as the carb is juuuuuust touching the frame now. for simplicity i have replaced the petcock with a manual fuel tap and got rid of the oil pump so will run premix, this also gives me a wee area to stash shit under the seat. just need to sort out the wiring and some cables, cover the seat and she will be good to go.

• Like 6