Mighty joe's XF Falcoon of filth.

MightyJoe

Chur mate but I really am skint at the mo. Not just from the paint but Xmas and visas an stuff! It'll take me a while to come right but cheers. I fancy a carbed clevo i reckon. Maybe even stroke it to a 393 if I win that powerball ha. If I get mine as straight looking as that I'll be a happy fella. Should come right though.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey love the Falcon!

I am looking for a carb from an XE or XF, any chance you have one among your spare parts? The Weber carbs off these old fords are pretty useful for transplanting onto any old 6 cyl engine of similar capacity (like Valiant engines). If you have one or know of somebody that does please let me know.

Keep the project rolling - the world needs more old Aussie utes!!

na sorry dude, i've got a number of a good fella out this way though, i was up to see him last weekend for my headlights, i'll pm you his number,i dunno if he posts stuff, but he's got about a hundred or so falcons from xa - au . he should have something i'd say. 

and mine has a crappy stromberg on it. not a nice twin choke. more ponies to be found yet i'd say if i manage to get the proper carb on it. 

• 2 weeks later...

well fuck me sideways if she didn't sail through a wof. 

seriously. i'm as stoked as i am shocked. 

he was going to fail it as he can't see the inside front brake pad, he had a wee mirror in there and was poking around for a while but it passed the brake test no worries and the outside one has heaps of meat on it so he passed it, he did tell me to take the wheel off and have a look though for peace of mind, which i will. but man!!!   never had one go through without even an advisory lol. there must be something in these aussie fords instead of the pommy ones eh? 

chur fulla!  lol 

mayte i'd be honored to have OS royalty have a beer on my tailgate, maybe i'll get you to sign it too eh ;) haha. 

na mate, seriously i'm stoked shes through the wof and since you've said that about the carb (youre the second one) its now a no1 priority i reckon. 

• 1 month later...

I can't for the life of me figure out why clevo's are so fucking expensive.. in Aus they go for nothing, saw on Fordforums a guy selling two, both running for $80, 80 fucken bucks!! And we pay 1k for a rebuilder.. they can't give them away over there.

Tell me about it. Theyre crazy money for some reason .We'll I've not even been able to find 1 for sale through word of mouth. So I'm left with the trademe options.  There's the fella from southland that wants 980 bucks for 2 heads that literally look like they've been stored underwater or the block and heads up north that's had a complete blue repaint recently to hide whatever terminal problem popped up when he tried to rebuild it probably. That's 1700. I was chatting to an Aussie fella too on Facebook that bought a 2004 barra turbo car complete, 400 Aussie bucks. He's putting it in his xd saloon. im a bit jealous! 

I thought Clevelands were the cheaper motor, I bought a really good one with a hot cam and eddlebrrok manifold for $1000 and scored x2 for a friend for $450 each, one is 100% complete out of a running car, the other is full of water. I scored another one from a burnt car with a c4 for $200 they were all 302s, I could of had a whole rusty XD with 351C for $500 but I couldn't be bothered having it in my driveway, there are 1000s of them out there,  

Hey, do you want an old canopy for this? Probably free. 

It's oldschool so yeah

It's higher than the cab and has a bubble kind of bit that goes over the cab.

Wife's grandfather is going to chuck it, and asked if I knew someone that might want it. He can't remember what it's off, but it's made to fit something with a sloping wellside.

Unfortunately I didn't think to get a pic.

Might not be your cup o tea, but I thought I'd ask

for arguments sake, yeah. you know of one?  but, the parts you listed as absent come to 1500 ish bucks on the open market anyway. 

i know you have one in your shed and i've just committed to the old 250  lol. 

also took the head off that one in the pic today, its clean. took the cam out, and it was in 2 pieces lol. guess i know why the motor stopped! haha 

well i dropped the head off at the machine shop today. they dont do porting anymore cos it wasn't profitable for them so he tells me, a bit pants but meh. saved me some dollars anyway. he did tell me the fella they send everyone to but, bleugh. na mate. its a daily, i kind of took that as a sign to not go silly with this one. so hes gonna crack test it, pressure test it to see if the valves are sealing ( if not hes gonna re seat those) skim it, new stem seals. boom! well hopefully not boom but yeah. 

Tomorrow or fri i'm gonna chase down the cam regrind and see if i can get it all together ready for next weekend. 

• Like 1