Officer Neal's Holden HJ Patrol car

Threeonthetree

Cheah bowl.

I've not had much time to work on it yet but those trim rings that go behind the hubcaps have been removed.

The boot lock was smashed by a film company when my friend owned it. Yeah, they actually smashed it out with a hammer and screwdriver because they locked the key in the boot. Even though it doesn't require a key to start due to the classic flogged out Holden ignition. He had a few choice words after that episode. So I keep a large flathead screwdriver in the glovebox to open it.

I scored a set of almost new front brake rotors from Trademe and will get them done along with the pads and wheel bearings before towing a trailer full of old pushbikes down to Hawkes Boes behind it.

• Like 3

I hope you replicate that first photo when your dates arrive at the airport, woman love a man in uniform and all that

Nice car too

I have some handcuffs for her too.

So many requests coming your way for period correct photos of being pulled over

I can't drive 55 type framed pics

I think so too. But I'm more than happy to, it's all part of the fun of having somebody who is barely responsible owning such a vehicle.

• Like 7

Oh my. I'm pining hard.

I think I have some of those full hubcaps like on the first pic, if that's the look you want.

I prefer to run the standard hubcaps with no adornment for now but could be keen on the full faced ones for posterity.

shame to hear the story behind the puncture wound, fucking dumb cunts.

but you should add a few more for the 'pew 'pew 'pew police chase effect.

Yeah a bit of a blow as it means that realistically I need to fit a replacement bootlid. But I can source one fairly cheaply so I'll do that at a later stage and have it painted and signwritten.

I'll hang this one up in the shed as the underside has loads of sweet stamps and stickers from when it took part in the Goodbye Pork Pie run from Kaitaia to Invercargill in 2011, as pictured here:

29642787283_598d570cbd_b.jpg1399517_10151746491095965_617654912_o by Neal OnTheTree, on Flickr

The only pew pewing that the New Zealand police received in the 70's was from the ladies...

And the sound of dunking biscuits into cups of tea at high speed.

Is it 6 or 8?

Are you going to make it a rowdy as fuck 8 if a 6?

I hope so.

It's as quiet as a mouse, a pushrod powered one that is.

202 with a really terrible home-made power steering setup. The components are correct, but the bracket holding the pump and pulley to the engine are way out of line. The pulleys don't even correspond properly. For now, I have a spare belt in the boot. I have a soft spot for the old red six.

• Like 2