CaMpylobacter mopeds of fail

CaMpylobacter

So here's a bit of a sharn about some pooey scooters I have. 

I bought an FA50 off a joker on here. Apparently didn't run. was pretty rough. I got it going. realised it had a bent frame. was pretty nonchalant about it. 

tumblr_o8g8fxjcoi1snjz6bo4_1280.jpg

THen sparkle got a couple more FA50s inc one parts bike that'd spent the last 20 years against a shed outside. 

Frame was better. most of the shit the first one was missing was there. 

did a bit of a build to make one from two.

Spent a bit of time trying to set the carb up properly again after it'd been fucked with by experts.

Found the reed valves were fucked. sorted that. reg'd. did skids. 

Need to pull carb to bits again as I can't get the fuel port for the choke unblocked so it's pretty dumb when it's cold. keen for suggestions on what to soak carb bowl in to break down the varnish in the tiny choke jet that i can't seem to clear by any standard means.

Good fun. Done a couple of decent backroad jaunts. first real ride on the thing was 31km start to finsh in one go. pretty hilarious.

vmfqlnpv.r3o.jpg

Then I saw this thing on trademe so went and saw/bought it instantly from a local motorcycle wrecker.

Had wrong ignition on it and the wiring is all up the waazoo. headlight and tail lamp, for example, are currently powered by what's supposed to be the earth for the headlamp.... go figure.

Just registered this one today. Good fun. Will be doing a 125 swap at some point and I guess 12v conversion and rewire etc. 

pretty hilarious. goes better overall than fa50 but a bit slower off the mark. have ridden another c50 recently that feels like it goes a lot harder for what it is but who really knows. hopefully get them side by side for a duel 

3snxxe0l.4ex.jpg

my plans for both are to ride them and enjoy the tattiness as per my usual stz. 

I have zero need for a scooter seeing as my commute isn't suitable for such a beast, but I think they're fun to ride with pals that also have them. I have more fun on this kinda stz than bikes that can actually go fast.

tell me I'm a dweeb below.

• Like 8

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went for a bash around Palmy yesterday with a few lads on scoots and Waggy on the BBC DR650 lurking in the background

Rode the Honda at 110% thrash mode the whole morning, and she never gave any hint of faltering.

Mine has about half the compression of the green one, and lacks a little of the pep which that one has. 
Top that off with lots of horible knocks and rattles in the top end and I'm thinking a 125 conversion will come sooner rather than later!

Amazingly fun times. 

Top that off with all my weekend running around being on the honda and it ended up clocking a fair few km. 

Probably about $3 gas whole weekend hah

Stole a pic off Wagg. Can't wait til next hoon!

vvko5gby.bvb.jpeg

Good fun.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man. Chipped out around 60km of hooning today inc a fair bit of rough gravel road today. 
Blizzo rocked the C50 coz his FA50 frankenstein thing isn't quite finished yet, and I rolled my POS FA50. 

Good times. 

Ol' waggy captured a few moments. 

Broke 4 spokes on the FA, to add to my one missing one on the rear wheel so it's super wandering arse/wobbly spec. Yuck!

Some old hag came out of her house and screamed at us to go away too so mission accomplished/what kinda bandits are we? 

3fmcb3nz.a3r.jpg
sg0nfmdl.3ew.jpg
odpie3u0.m24.jpg
4bw32y1x.nuv.jpg
4eockdox.spm.jpg
  • Like 3