Eureka! 1981 Purvis Eureka F4

Threeonthetree

This thing is all kinds of awesome!

For those members who may not know, H4nd and I were cruising from the Hanmer Meet back to Christchurch after the weekend was over.

As we passed through Rangiora in a haze of 2 stroke euphoria and the unbridled joy of driving such a quirky car, I spotted something blue and wedge shaped in the Pak n Save carpark. We pulled in at speed, the Daihatsu's 10 inch tyres squealing as we rounded the bend in our best 70s Kei car cop impression and people turned their heads to see us slip comfortably into the carpark next to the Eureka Kitcar.

Glad to see that you've joined up and posted some photos. This car is immaculate and when I met the owners, they were using it to do their grocery shopping!

Who says a sportscar with a canopy roof can't be practical?

Link to build thread: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/53875-eureka-1981-eureka-f4-restoratioin/

• Like 4

Thank you all for your nice comments & glad you like it.

I love to see people out and about in ther classic and/or different cars i think they brighten up the roads, hopefully give people joy in seeing them as much as you like driving them, so keep your cars going and out there.

The S1 Esprit is almost road legal so look out for that one too on canterbury roads :0)

thanks again Robb & Karly

• Like 3

also from the Rally history group page including the 'crash'

Pete Shierny

The Eureka starts at about 7 min mark

http://youtu.be/W4wdQGqxVEk?t=7m10s

One of the first televised rallysprints in NZ this event in Riverhead Forest attracted many of the big names from the era, including Mike Marshall, Paul Adam...
youtube.com

My mate Warwick says Bruce Turnbull used to build them in Feilding? or he's confused them with the Saker

I was talking with a friend from Sefton about one or two of the unique cars on here lat month, and he mentioned having done a WOF or some work one one of these. A week or so later this one turned up, but he was out of the country so I didn't hear if it was the same one until today.

• Like 1