Kirk28's 1983 MS112 Aussie Spec 80's dream boat

kirk28

So wanting something to Cruise the Sydney eastern Suburbs in... time for 80's Toyota boxy pleasure craft.

Flew up to Brisbane to batter down the price on this mint one owner MS112.

The car dealer had pretty diverse "classics" - old Jags, a Turbo Nissan 300c, a MINT 82 Sigma Wagon and a MINT 78 Corona Wagon.

It's being trucked down this week, Looking forward to driving it to work and parking it next to all the Merc's BMW's and Range Rovers...

bgWkJpO.jpg

DPHVVFy.jpg

50Di8Jq.jpg

lH8T0VD.jpg

re2svLn.jpg

rIDR6g6.jpg

has the boat anchor 5ME - would like to swap out for a 6MGE to keep the 80's vibe, and I reckon 5MGE/6M's are good looking donks...or 1UZ...

gqTA6JO.jpg

Now for some reason Australian Series II Ms112's got this horrible euro face..Bling is what makes Crowns..and it looks eerily reminiscent of the front of the Argentinian "Ford Falcon" that was produced between the 70's to the late 80's based on the early 60's XP falcon...the whole Fiat/Lada thing..

2ebHn2c.jpg

zi0jvfp.jpg

Prefer the quad lights with the caddy grille, but that would entail changing the guards the bonnet and the bumper...

so I am hunting for a JDM face...series 11, we got them in NZ...

HAPKmz1.jpg

Let me know if you know of a S2 crown wrecking with the grille and chrome bits...I have the lights/fog lamps as they are the same as the more common GS110 heaps on yahoo.co.jp..but the rest is harder to find.

So once it hits Sydney it's off to get a blue slip to get the car registered in NSW..

• Like 5

Ok so am stilll waiting on tracking down the MS112 Grille but in the meantime I have bought some bits and pieces;

EdvLQA8.jpg

Plus a GS110 Grille + chrome/stainless steel trim from the bonnet  that will do for now...

fUrm14W.jpg

And then I found this pic.... The MS112 Grille plus round lights from a GS117v crown van.

vdUyeAg.jpg

- and guess what they are wrecking in Japan...

vAOAb5Y.jpg

Oh yeah baby,a set of these bad boys are on their way

MRvjJvr.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Ok so have finally got around to putting on the JDM grille (of a GS110 Super Saloon)  and lights, looks much better.

sBdBGSA.jpg

Also tried the rounds, they look really good ( I did a photo shop on a MS112 here) but need some modifications due the Royal Saloons having a different bottom garnish,I'll prob go the rounds when i do an engine swap.- Either i'll get my hands on a good 6MGE or go a 1UZ

YYJxDU9.jpg

• 6 months later...

Ok am still looking for the Royal saloon grille and bonnet chrome from a facelifted MS112 "sedan" it's proving impossible nearly though! Have some chrome bumpers and wing mirrors and stainless steel one piece rain guards (too hard to find the individual door monsoons).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Also swapped out the shitter wheel for a JDM Ms110/2 series 1 woodgrain wheel... way nicer to drive with and looks the ducks..

74AD7E45-17D0-4436-997E-19BC4114E008.jpeg

007BCE3F4-8381-4439-AFC0-3F84AA1DE333.jpegThen i’m ditching the tacho and round dials; going for the square American style cluster that i’ve grabbed ... 220k speedo wasn’t fooling anyone. 180k suitable. F**k the tach; it’s a Crown!

F0B71280-FE6A-4150-B776-A6DF22480882.jpeg

• Like 4