CallumJ's 1986 Nissan 300ZX Z31 Discussion

CallumJ

Good work, good to see you made it back to Nelson without serious damage! - it's currently parked on my walk home from work so I can keep an eye on your progress!

z31-300zx-ssr-wheels-55a07a6957bea.jpg

My wheel pick, but google image search shows how versatile they are - a lot of wheels look great!

shit a bit of bad luck with that coolant, but glad it wasnt a major! 

super stoked its gone to someone who can do what i was always planning on but had no time or money for a second project! the engine cover looks fucking nice already so keep that up! 

i never had any issues with police with the exhaust, that said if i ever spotted one id keep off the gas so maybe another resonator or something could be the go. it does sound muscle car currently though. 

my plans were to grab a set of Zoom lowering springs from yahoo japan. as theres not many aftermarket options and a user Orion on here put some in his s1 RX7 with good results. 

i was also gonna grab wheels from japan too as 5x114 is a little tricky in 15" but keep your eyes on trademe and the Japanese wheel page on Facebook. 

i was going to paint it along the lines of this too, with wild rims of course 

jycvr1xv.l2r.jpg

the GTR was much much faster, but the 300 sounded better! 

04xd1b0h.stn.jpg

Really need to polish it up tomorrow, looks so good in those photos. I'm probably not going to worry about the exhaust because I think it sounds so mint. Hopefully it passes its upcoming warrant next month :-D

Also, build thread for anyone that hasn't seen it //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/53699-callumjs-1986-nissan-300zx-z31/