Shakotoms AX100.

Shakotom

So I haven't really done much on these, I successfully passed my basic handling test and acquired my motorcycle learners licence. since then Ive really just been enjoying riding the Ax100 around the streets. Ive run out of gas a couple of times, and the fact that it runs premix is a nuisance when that happens/means I really have to plan trips to the gas station.

Apart from that, Its great fun to ride.

A few weeks ago while the weather was crappy I spent a couple of evenings out in the garage chopping the wiring and fixing a few issues to allow me to finally get around to fitting the round headlight I purchased.

DSC_0632.JPG.058215f88acd2bec465846f804e7fb0c.JPG

Aesthetically its made a HUGE change to the whole bike for the better. It looks a lot lighter and much more towards the look Im aiming for.

Fitting the round headlight gave me the issue of having nowhere to mount the ignition switch. Previously the switch was mounted in the body of the rectangular headlight, but a few modifications to the wiring resulted in me being able to move the switch to the side cover I'd made earlier.

DSC_0640.JPG.c0f0d48df72c2f0a2ffcad4294ff30f0.JPG

numbers on the sidecover are a quick scribble with a crappy paint pen to see what I thought for making a proper set of decals/number board.

Now I need to purchase new rear indicators as ive lost one lense and new bar grips.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Aiite, So havent done much to this. Have swapped back to Narrow bars for better city lane splitting, rewrapped the side cover, fitted some super nice Biltwell grips, did a bit of basic maintenance, replaced the clutch and choke cables due to them getting pinched in between the forks and the stops. Have just been riding it.

So heres some photos.

DSC_0746.JPG

• Like 4

DSC_0759.JPG.cfecce774a41248f7ea5cbbe6eb75eb9.JPG

DSC_0748.JPG.639993c36b0be2bc5168725f085aefa3.JPG

Also, Ive upgraded to a larger cc four cylinder sports bike so unfortunately it pains me to say that this is up for sale.

This thing is honestly the perfect commuter bike. The narrow bars make zipping between traffic a breeze, two stroke dings sound great echoing off the buildings, plus it looks cool parked outside the cafe/pub.

Its also so much fun out on back roads for carrying momentum through corners and speed tucking on the tank.

Warranted till October - probably will take it in for a update at some point, but It passed the last wof exactly as pictured - had to buy a chain guard and everything. Wof guy said safety over aesthetics. And being a 2005 model it gets yearly wofs!

will come with some live rego, As ill probably keep using it until sold.

$1700

I still dont really wanna sell this.

(imperfections i can think of are small dent in the tank which was there previous to my ownership, and the LH side of the tank is covered with red vinyl as it has scratches in the paint from when I removed the Suzuki stickers)

• Like 5

• 1 year later...