wildcat_lgf's 1978 Fiat X1/9 - Discussion

wildcat_lgf

Awesome. Will follow this thread with interest. Keen to see how far that rust goes. Ever since driving tonys (ynot) x19 I've been keen on one. Even over a mr2. I used to own a supercharged aw11 but some how the x19 appeals more now. And I used to hate them !

Keep posting progress pics please.

Did you buy this in nelson? The shed looks very familiar, if I am correct is it a sons collection stored St his old man's place? We're they all for sale or were you able to talk him into selling one?

Did you buy this in nelson? The shed looks very familiar, if I am correct is it a sons collection stored St his old man's place? We're they all for sale or were you able to talk him into selling one?

Tell me more about these cars please! I imagine Tony will know of them too?

Tell me more about these cars please! I imagine Tony will know of them too?

Give me a pm or a text, I think you've got my number, I shall spill all the beans, then when you buy one I can sell you a 4age and you can have the best of both worlds, lush fiat and maximum Toyota doort noises

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

sorry guys - i haven't had much time lately...

The shed is on a farm in Nelson - it's his brothers farm I believe...most of the other X's are de-registered, but if I lived any closer I'd be at risk of buying them for parts.

I had to twist his arm to sell me the green one (luckily rego still on hold)...but he might be persuaded on selling another - he's notoriously busy and un-reliable at replying (either email or phone).

He's got my old X1/9 - which I sold him about 8-10 years ago.  It has an unfinished dallara kit, Uno Turbo engine with a few nice mods, and was very rust free.  Unfortunately he's had it sitting outside under a tarp and I hate to think about its condition now!

I found the hammer finish hammerite left the best finish. I found the smooth stuff a bit shit tbh

yeah, it didn't flatten as much as I thought...maybe if I had thinned it a bit - but it might've just gone streaky.  Overall looks ok - probably good enough until they need another re-build...