105e Ford Anglia - Shannon

2jvqo2qt.mi0.jpg

This is the thread of my 105e Ford Anglia, last year we got it to the point to be drive-able up to Kaikoura from Christchurch. Its nearly been a year now and i now have my learners license. So i decided to do it up properly as my first car.

My discussion:

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/53164-105e-ford-anglia-shannon-discussion/

My Brothers Anglia Fourm:

http://oldschool.co....105e/?hl=jorden

Here is my dads Ford Falcon (XP)

http://oldschool.co....l-supercharged/

Here is the link to the proper journey to Kaikoura in two weeks.

http://oldschool.co....glia/?hl=anglia

Below is how we bought it for $1000 with nearly everything with it. It has around 86-7ish thousand miles on the clock.

mp2fexw0.zhp.jpg

Before we drove it to Kaiakoura. Once we had it ready we got it registered and we put a warrant on the day we left.

yzjab0d1.nfe.jpg
1k44ouuc.n32.jpg

After we got home my dad used it for a run about car for a while and then it got parked up for a few months. Now im happy to say that in those few months i drove the car. This was the first car i had ever driven by myself (On the property of course).

rorhj00b.aqj.jpg

Now after another few months of sitting there it was my turn to do it up properly so i started the strip down. Everything came off the exterior except the handles and the window washer/wiper motors and also the chrome. And this is how it stood.

awrmkiex.2rg.jpg

We took the motor out this weekend.

qws51j4j.4zb.jpg
qae3oxab.1zh.jpg

We put the motor in my brothers so it could get re-vinned.

k2tao2yz.v0b.jpg

This is the only real rust on the car, theres also some on the boot:

b424lb1u.yng.jpg

Im looking for Mk2 Cortina struts (Disc Brake Setup) message me please if you know of any :-)

The whole car is now bare metal excluding the roof and the engine bay so it will soon be ready for undercoat.

vkonmad3.kip.jpg

Engine bay almost done

s10xesrg.c0y.jpg

My brothers wheels on my car

ou4srili.whw.jpg

mtav41bz.4c5.jpg

Some pretty exciting news! while cleaning out the garage we found some undercoat. Its in a massive barrel. We tested it to make sure it was fine and it is. So im going hard out on my car at the moment finishing out all of the nitty stuff that i dont want to do :doubt:

A bit of surface rust, i guess this just shows that its been a while...

yf4pum3q.x2g.jpg

Door jams

gh5ssazt.fny.jpg
ymoezv4k.4ma.jpg

The under small bit under the front and back guards/wheel wells.

ppmvtvan.akw.jpg

And finally the bit above the windows, thats really hard to get into with the wire wheel.

mpkdz5hw.cza.jpg

So exciting time ahead!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Time for some small updates. We bought another one, Our family as a whole now own four... Although this one if fairly rusted out to the point of it being unfix-able (And definantley unroad-worthy). Good for parts though, has good trim and windows, a good condition dash etc. Also something i have never seen either, it has a tow bar which is quite cool in itself.

odqkwwgh.f3t.jpg

Also i cut a few things out too. First off i cut out the rust in the back (Which was the first time doing so ever), the rust in both corners one side bigger than the other. The left over rust i believe we are going to weld and bog.

dza5dpj1.ziv.jpg

owkt5pc0.bue.jpg

xexhrmby.d2j.jpg

sqt2ktuz.jfc.jpg

With help from dad i also cut out the battery tray, i wanted to clean the engine bag up a bit so moving the battery to the back seemed to be a good solution. Again it was my first time doing so so its a bit rough here and there. I welded up the holes we drilled to get rid of the spot welds which once again was my first time welding on my car, but although its rough its nothing a smear of bog wont fix.

r0warx22.pxn.jpg

And finally the top of the bonnet is finished just the underside to do now.

5ea0bd20.lhl.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Since the sale of my Viva is finally complete i now have the funds to complete the Anglia. Still in the process of deciding what i do intake and fuel wise, but everything else is sorted. Ive gotten the Zetec out of the Mondeo (Parts are still for sale) and while doing so have realized that ill be doing a few gaskets. Its now mated up to the MT75 gearbox i've had sitting for awhile, apparently you can use the starter out of a Sierra and use a 20mm spacer with the Zetec flywheel and thurst-bearing. With that all sitting i trimmed up the stock engine mounts (Soon to be plated) and the bottom of the sump that was un-needed to clear the steering arms. I Cut the tunnel and slipped the motor in. Now comes the task of making engine mounts, gearbox mounts, driveshaft, tunnel and getting all the parts to get it running.

12hiefev.o1m.jpg

vyzisigh.dsn.jpg

gnivtojb.cpo.jpg

l51yzklz.lbn.jpg

• Like 8