Jesses mk1 mirage yarns

DoBro Jesus

Man I used to own one of these, same colour and 4 door, license plate was KT. Is it Auto or twin stick manual? Have some spares lying around and maybe even a carb kit. Pm me if you need anything and ill have a look.

• Like 1

Far out, there's a few of these on the project threads, good to see. My mirage looked this good 15 years ago. Until it got badly faded.

I've had mine for 2 years this month, and I'm damn surprised at how how many are still on the road here in Auckland. There used to be six of them with in a 10KM radious here in west Auckland. Now thats down to four. Two got written off, and I own another one that could have also hit the scrapper if I hadent have brought it and converted the dead automatic trans to a manual.

Not to mention all the others ive seen in other areas in auckland. :)

I drove a dual shift box thingy Mirage once, that a friend owned. 
This thing had the worst tires known to man. 
The steering had more play in its box than Paris Hilton, and the alignment was about as straight as owen wilsons nose.
I think it had taken a punt to the rear so it would sort of crab down the road.
The headlights, one shined down at the road about a meter ahead and I can only assume the other was trying to signal batman.
I had to drive it from A to B on some West Auckland backroads at night in the pissing down rain, and it was terrifying.
I've never felt so unsafe driving a car at like 35kph.
It still holds a fond place in my heart as being the absolute worst car I have ever driven. 

(Not really on account of being a Mirage though, to be fair)

More a story of the perils of neglect than anything else! 

• Like 1

Not to mention, the 4g11/12s are pretty crap motors, hence why I wanna jam a 4g15 in, at least they can go over 200ks without exhausting all of their oil via the tailpipe.

Someones gotta love these shitters!

Hell no, the most constructive thing about this engine came from a homeless man I was chatting to in Hamilton.

He said the old Mitsubishi engines of the 80's are just as reliable as the early 90's Toyota engines.

My Mirage has been a hell of a far way. And if you try hard enough, you can get it to 140-150KM'S.

(THAT'S NOT GOOD ON SMALL THIN TYRES)

Maybe ive just had lemons haha, that orange one and a ratty as blue one when I was younger, had to sell them both due to excessive smoke and having no funds. In saying that though, they both still ran well. the cyclone 4g15s though, ive had 3 of them (all in 2nd gen wagons) and had done well over 250ks and still ran perfect with mint comp.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...