The Pogs 1980 Nissan Uncivil Ian - Discussion

ThePog

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a good looking bus. Other than the charging issue it gave me it's pretty sound mechanically. I can confirm a few things on it.

First and second gear are very well matched to get that thing up to 50k. I laughed when a Tiida decided to take the outside lane at the lights, along with about 4 other cars but then got out launched by some shitty bus.

Tests have proven that it will do skids on gravel.

Tests have also proven that it can and will go off the clock (indicated 125 kph). This is on flat ground too!

Tests have also proven that if you drive for hours at night you need a survival suit to keep warm. But I'm sure some insulation and lining will block up a lot of the draughty holes.

• Like 8

Used to have one of these. Mine had the roof lifted, was done prior to me purchasing it.

Although it was done professionally i couldn't get a wof as they wanted to roof certed.

With this and the fact it only had about 80hp (3.3 diesel) and was geared for city driving 90kmh max speed i sold it.

Had big dreams for it though.

I have had discussions with a certifier, according to him the roof is not an area that they worry about.... but I have heard many stories similar to yours.

It will need a cert anyway as I am mounting extra belted seats, so the plan is to do all the certifiable stuff first including the roof with no other fitout. I will get the cert then go from there.

TBH this is going to be a pretty sparse fitout, I am uninterested in shiny stuff and formica etc.Insulation and plywood is about as flash as it will get.

Oh so sweet.  This is going to be cool to watch develop. I like that front end.

That burner we were given that we fitted into our cabin, but fell over in the cabin incident and broke its legs, would have been a perfect size for this. We only just sold it on TM last week. I would have been keen to pass it on but glad we listed it because it sold for $1280 !!!!

I do presume you will make some funky wood burner for this though.

Oh and you could do this with the roof...

00eb0832782df580768e95c9f5f2d9ff.jpg

But with a nissan homy van.

• Like 2

Had already thought about the van upper, this may still happen. I kindof want the same window look though. We will see.

I have fully designed a tiny house/bus wood burner with a secondary burn and everything. I should have a proto of that running in a week or so....

The time invested in those swivelling seats will be a drop in the ocean compared to the pleasure you'll gain swivelling and reclining in them once your kids are in bed. Pretty damn cool as a project - have you got interior plans sorted? I can literally throw a class at it in 2 weeks if you haven't, as Shane still hasn't given me the deets on his bus.

Yea, it is just the start, but this will be sweet when done.

I have a pretty solid plan for the interior, as it is not very big there is not a lot of option. Sparse and functional is the theme...

What exactly would the class do?

Yea, it is just the start, but this will be sweet when done.

I have a pretty solid plan for the interior, as it is not very big there is not a lot of option. Sparse and functional is the theme...

What exactly would the class do?

I'm imagining giving them a sketchup model of the shell and the specifications (ie what your needs are) and they fill in the gaps - to be honest 95% will be rubbish but there might be some good (probably left field) ideas that a teenager could stumble across - kind of like an ant colony...