nobangmycar's Old Raleigh Rustcroozer

nobangmycar

So was wasting time on the interwebs the other and ended up buying this cheap:

20160604_123429_zps7soufwaq.jpg

Then when I turn up to pick it up the GC I bought it from says "you want this?"

20160604_123449_zpsyh76wxft.jpg

So naturally after spending ages yarning in the dark and the rain, I loaded them both up and bought them home.  I intend to build the black one up for a nice cruiser and ride around nice flat Mosgiel.  Got stuck in today and this happened:

20160604_141620_zpsy4oej2xu.jpg

I pulled everything down and cleaned everything down leaving it on the fence to dry...

20160604_150728_zpsyudjbcm8.jpg20160604_150738_zpsvgmu1wia.jpg

Couple more cool old details:

20160604_141626_zps0xd43fif.jpg20160604_123516_zpsqepp9ffd.jpg20160604_123500_zpssahmjorv.jpg

So basically I have cleaned it down and I am going to steel wool it and clear coat it leaving it to look as is...  Yeaboi!

• Like 2

So took my wheels to the local bike shop here in Mosgiel to discover the dude was a real GC. Understood what I was trying to achieve on a budget, and was happy to do what I wanted instead of selling me new stuff. Hopefully today he will have replaced a few broken spokes and trued my wheels so I can polish them. He also suggested I run the current chain because "it's not that rusty" and "a new chain will look stupid on something like this, just run it as is man!"

Will update when I receive wheels back, but super happy how he has approached it so far.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...