Slacker_Sams 72 Trump Estate

Yea all of the yes, cool that someone has jammed a swaybar and stuff on it. Bum about carbs but I'm sure you will have no trouble finding injection gear for that Lucas injection lushness. Will be a cool project. Seems to be a few interior options from U.K ones, some are a cloth material like Richie's old one. All PIs are genuine leather as far as I'm aware, I have only seen actual leather on PIs, vinyl on the rest of the models. What's your plans with it.

By the way my father in law is loving his blue S he brought off you, has tidied it up mechanically with new bushes pretty much everywhere and new shocks etc. it handles so nice, way nicer than my Pi.

Luckily I have all of the Lucas injection gear, That might go back on one day. The previous owners Dad basically put all the best bits on it to make "the ultimate Triumph wagon."

Plans so far are try to get it running, then basically get it on the road asap. I wont be doing a full scale restoration. Just a general tidy up, new carpets, window rubbers etc.

Hey when was its last warrant? I went to look at an identical one in Auckland about 6 years ago can only have been this one my serial car collector mate had it. I viewed it at the wof shop in all its blistered faded yet legal glory. Cool to see it will live another day. Off memory all wagons had a sway bar they also run a mk1 ass end with 50mm or so less track so you should be able to stuff a heap of dish under it.

I got it from Blenheim. It sat behind Woodbourne air base for a fair few years. The old guy started a resto job, fell sick and sadly passed away. Its all under sealed underneath. Floors and sills seem immaculate. I'm not sure about the rear end, dish is good though. Once she's all legal it will be getting low installed and nicer wheels.

• Like 1

i know this car, i tried and failed to set up a buy for Yoeddynz. i got bored one afternoon and tried to start it but it had no fuel. got it turning over though. 

im interested in the story of it being hauled out of the depths of the woodbourne engineering club. it had a damn near full spare car piled in the back! 

• Like 1

God knows how it survived with rego on hold. It does turn over but the rotor arm inside the dizzy has somehow disintegrated. I'll get a new one, file the points and install some new fuel. In theory it should run. Its still is full of spares. I have more doors than I know what to do with!!!

Its still is full of spares. I have more doors than I know what to do with!!! But I think I shall gift them to Hannah for her Mk1 wagon and while I'm at it she can have the tailgate too.

Oh Sam- you're so kind. Wait till Hannah hears this great news!

Oh btw- this is your wagon when it was at base Woodbourne...

P1060576_JPG_1280x960.jpg

P1060574_JPG_1280x960.jpg

I took these photos when I was there collecting the Mazda Eunos I bought for the first V6 engine. I was quite smitten with the trump. I am glad its been saved and has ended up in the oldschool family.

Its not too dissimilar to our S wagon we had in Blighty..

triumphs_lovely_butt.jpg

• Like 1