• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Finally got the Chaly running with new exhaust/carb/head

IMG_20190727_113620

Had got sidetracked when I only noticed one of the intake manifold threads was stripped after I swapped the head. So then ordered some threaded inserts off aliexpress that were M6 inner thread and M9 outer.

Then once i had everything attached it just wouldnt start, no compression..... checked all the headgasket and things Id done and couldnt fault it but when kicking it over it would just chuff air and fuel back out the carb. Did some thinking and decided to check valve clearences (which id set before I put the head on) and dontcha know it, the intake valve was tight as. Loosened it up a bit and first kick it started.

So now its running and have ridden it around the driveway, need to order some jets of ali to get it right, idle jet seems a bit big and a unknown size, main jet is a 75 at the moment which shouldnt be far off.

IMG_20190817_154804

Have been using the spacy as my daily for the last 7 weeks or so (probably should register it...) and apart from blocking the carb a couple times it been good. Quite fun to ride and offers a bit more wind protection on the cold mornings than the DJ1 ever did.

IMG_20190626_084151

Hopefully be able to commit some finances to getting the Dax finished by the end of the year

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Still using the Spacy as a daily (still not registered.....) and have got the Chaly running pretty good, 38 idle Jet, 82main and the needle one clip up from the bottom. Apart from being a bit obnoxiously loud its pretty good.

And into the Dax, got a new seat and exhaust from webike, discarded the muffler that came with that and attached a Supertrapp Replica from aliexpress. Also have a 120/90-10 tyre on the back to check it was all going to fit. Chain will be a tight fit but hopefully ok

IMG_20191003_181021

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to @Raizer I got some Honda Gyro front shocks (already shorter than spacy by 10mm) then shortened the shock a further 20mm. At this stage I havnt cut the spring, its just got more preload to make it stiffer.

Lower

The rear still isnt lowered (apart from when I sit on it), but need to sort out a kick stand instead of center stand as it drags a bit much even at this height. Once Ive sorted that then should be able to get it a bit lower

Pic from previous page for reference

IMG_20190525_132009.jpg 

Other than that, still just using it daily to get to work and its going sweet. Knocking sound from previous post was loose bolts holding center of the rear wheels to the rim

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

So a Dax update, have been slowly accumulating parts and then stripped it right down, got some more cracks in the frame welded up and began the painting process. Conveniently I was working night shift (no one else in the workshop) and we have a large oven that is meant for baking varnish onto electric motors

IMG_20191101_232358

Left it to sit for a while then started making it look like a bike again

IMG_20191113_194624

Still a long way to go, lots of little jobs like tidying up the original badges

IMG_20191128_193614

• Like 7

• 3 years later...
On 28/07/2017 at 11:25, chees- said:

Yea fair enough, they look fucking good with max slam on 8" wheels. Cant quite get the same look with the dio sadly.

still keen to swap wheels!

Oki

Hey mate,do still have this af18? Message me if you still have this one 0272724976. Im really interested if you are going to sell this. Anywhere here in nz

• Confused 1