kyteler

Ash's A6 Carina Coupe (Lyfe)

88 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, flyingbrick said:

I only mention it because I have seen some for sale (on diy autotune I think) that are even pointier than bike sprockets. 

Never used any of em myself so learning.

You could get one laser cut pretty easily.

Yeah I did think a push bike sprocket hanging out the side of the head would look pretty mad max haha

im trying to be a Jew to get the thing done and in haha

theres a place across from work that dose water/lazer and milling stuff on contract to manufacturing shops. 'Lmaybe I'll go over for a yarn at lunch

1 person likes this

Yeah yeah nah. Grab a single speed sprocket. They are much thicker for 1/8" chain

The track ones have less of a ramp so you could trim them back a little and have flat top and bottom

2 people like this

On 3/24/2017 at 19:09, tortron said:

Yeah yeah nah. Grab a single speed sprocket. They are much thicker for 1/8" chain

The track ones have less of a ramp so you could trim them back a little and have flat top and bottom

Cheers for the suggestion, seems like that could work. Their cheap as well, $20-35

the only issue now is finding a 25t wheel made from steel.

all the ones I've found are alloy or Ti

25 tooth is a bit big for a single speed/fixed rear sprocket

look for a bmx front sprocket, they run the same 1/8' chain and I think you will have some luck in steel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EighthInch-Full-Cromoly-25t-Spline-Drive-Sprocket-Fixed-Gear-BMX-/191197248192?hash=item2c843e7ac0:g:01kAAOSwymxVJ6nZ

or hey, how bout this

http://www.bearingandengineering.co.nz/shop/POWER+TRANSMISSION+COMPONENTS/Sprockets/Taper+Lock+BS/12+x+25T+TLOCK+SPROCKET+-+1610.html

Wow $$$$ for the last one.

Maybe better of just drawing one up and having it laser cut..Atleast then ya get exactly what you need