Danger's RX4 discussion fred

danger

I used dashboard restorations .

Perfect job. Looks factory.

Even redid it for free after the courier snapped it.

Wasn't cheap, even for a simple rx2 dash , but I had previously had one retrimed in leather and it looked very average.

I'm sure a rx4 dash wouldn't be cheap , but they are the best looking dashboard ever.

• Like 3

I used dashboard restorations .

Perfect job. Looks factory.

Even redid it for free after the courier snapped it.

Wasn't cheap, even for a simple rx2 dash , but I had previously had one retrimed in leather and it looked very average.

I'm sure a rx4 dash wouldn't be cheap , but they are the best looking dashboard ever.

So what did it cost?

Except no structural point of the car can come in contact with the road. Take NZ roads into account with your theory there. All the stupid bumps and camber etc, and 40mm travel = 80mm ride height to avoid chassis slamming the tarmac.

TBh I think getting someone to cert a car at 60mm would be pushing your luck. Ultimately it depends on the certifier, and some will be more open than others, but I've heard of a few cars in the waikato being rejected as being "too low" at more than that. Suspension geometry and bump steer issues could have also played a part in that, mind you

this guy made it more difficult for everyone who wanted to get certed really low. cops got sick of pulling him over and getting FTP PIG GOT A CERT FTP from him and his mates.

so the cops made a complaint to LVVTA cause it was pretty low, spring hangers bashed the ground, tyres rubbed lots, etc so we got a talking to at training about not certing things too low.

the lowest ive certed recently was 70-75mm i think10253486704_3c1b895d9a_o.jpg

• Like 2

I got a quote for my rx2 dash recently-  $1k-ish, far smaller item than an rx4 one

as for your sedan, looking at those old pics i swear thats my mates old one and it would of been maybe 18 years ago when we

were bashing around in it,

RX4s are the best

• Like 1

The dude with the "AVENGE" plate had it at some point.

I know someone has the plates for it somewhere. Gonna be shit out of luck if they intended to plate another car with them cause I'll be revinning off the chassis number. Would like them back if possible.