Jesse's 1960 Mitsubishi silver pigeon c76

Jeffs_Emporium

So the parts which i purchased off Ebay arrived this week. Looks to be quite a few useful parts like crank seals, some of the pull start, an exhaust manifold, new ignition system and flywheel, air filter, choke cable.

23ti62d.jpg

I went up to scootling and took a few snaps of the sachs bike with the rotary conversion using the same engine

2mp0cib.jpg

wclkb5.jpg

Peeking inside this cover it had a belt drive from the engine to a pulley with a cog next to it driving the chain to the back wheel.

Interestingly it runs the original carb and even more interestingly there is a company sticker with a phone number who I'm guessing crafted this weapon!

Safe to say enthusiasm is running very high!!

Returned home to have a look at the carb to find that the actual throttle butterfly is jammed close and what i thought was the control for it was actually the governor. A bit of persuasion back and forth and it moves freely so i bolt it back on with the throttle quarter open and have another crack at firing it up. Earmuffs for my earmuffs is an understatement, half an hour later and my ears are still ringing and the neighbors dogs are still barking...No video because i was busy shitting my pants trying to find a way to shut it down.

I then removed the original kickstart from the chassis and sat the engine in to see how much room i have to work with

xfe1zt.jpg

2nvct1w.jpg

148dtvp.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I have set up 3 of these motors using China pz19 carbs, the intake port is tiny so anything larger than that is a waste. My first intake manifold was just a bit of 8mm alloy with 4 holes in it and the port transitioning from 19mm round to the 10x10 square intake port, worked real good and I got 100 kph out of it on my velobike.

For driveline I would just use a centrifugal clutch and be done, these motors spin to nearly 10k rpm with a China carb so you would probably get a reasonable speed out of it. Anyway keen to see how you get on.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...