66gt

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have finished the pedal box and installed billet crank and water pump pulleys. The body work has ground to a complete halt after the owner of Custom Metal Shapers was banged up in jail for 2 years about a month ago. Pretty fucked off about the whole thing so I'm currently working on getting someone else to finish it. I was hoping to have had it just about on the road now however I can see it being another 12 months away at this rate. Bloody frustrating however it is was it is

post-20419-0-41682500-1475897001_thumb.jpg

post-20419-0-18740000-1475897013_thumb.jpg

post-20419-0-87839100-1475897034_thumb.jpg

post-20419-0-91340300-1475897050_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Put in the lay gear and input shaft. Used a bit of weed eater cord to lift the lay gear into plus once the mainshaft installed so the layshaft can be slid in. Also used alloy input shaft housing and rear mainshaft bearing carrier.

IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1733.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Picked up my BRM 4 spokes today fully refurbed. Thanks to Nigel & Dan from Manukau Auto & Tyres for the top notch workmanship as always. You want your classic wheels restored these guys are the best.

IMG_0091.JPG

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Off to check progress tomorrow so will post some pics. We are using my Mk 1 4 door GT as a reference for all the corrrect mounting holes in the engine bay etc so once that's done I think I'll sell the 4 door GT. it needs a full restoration and after having done this 2 door I don't think I'll ever get round to doing it. In saying that I'll probably change my mind next week lol.