morkster

Lord Gruntfuttock's 1971 XY Fairmont Big Grunty Discussion

116 posts in this topic

Ha, yeah taking it to work trying to burn some fuel so's can fix sender. Fitted new lamps and wiper blades yesterday. Going ok apart from oil consumption...

Wanted to like your post with the new pup but I've run out of likes for the day.

1 person likes this

Had bw rebuilt with a 4p lsd once.. it chewed the drivers bearing out there times over two years, so I went a 9" and it did the same fucken thing/ling

Ha yeah think there's some skill in setting them up. Mine is fine apart from small leak so not fucking with it. I did consider installing an XF lsd centre but quite like the old school single stripe... :)

They tend to be a bit of a pain when they just keep spinning a wheel at the lights.. mine did anyway..

Almost feels like that, It's still a bit scruffy but as i want to use it I'll be happy if it just doesn't rattle, smoke and squeak... :)

Holy mother of god I like your build thread......will be my next car build

hate it when you punch something you didn't mean to, dang that looks painful

Crap!

BTW if you want to to save the rotor you could possibly run a mig weld on the inside of the race. Might drop out after that.

Yeah cheers, I've done that with bike rims, works a treat. Got mine out ok but koozed a socket doing it. Just looked at price of rotors and thought may as well put new ones in while it's in bits. Should be last expense for a while, hopefully... :doubt: