Ben's Kawasaki 1987 GT750

Benno

I picked this up off a mate who had great plans for it but never got around to doing much with it. Here is how it looked when I picked it up. Sorry for the potato photos, my phone camera sucks.Bit rougher in person then in the photos.

TNQtOzW.jpg

I started by stripping the tank and replacing the bars with some clip ons. 

Kf16MDf.jpg

Managed to sort the wiring on it to get spark. Managed to get it to fire, but pretty sure that crap from the rusty fuel tank has blocked carb jets, so they will be coming off for a strip down shortly. Painted the wheels.

z1ri2z4.jpgBpRN6R7.jpg

Still haven't quite decided what I will do with it. I'm very happy with how the KZ 440 has turned out, but not keen to copy the same style for seat. Will probably go for either a brat style or cafe racer seat.

• Like 7

• 4 months later...

Haven't really done much on this recently. Stripped the carbs down and managed to get it running nicely on 4. De-tabbed the rear of the frame and started a little CAD (cardboard aided design) to figure out my plans for it. Am currently thinking I will make a fibreglass cafe racer hump on it, still not sure if it will look odd being so long. Might need to look into trimming the frame back a bit.

1aTpDQV.jpgX9T0RZP.jpg

• Like 1

Thriller and I made his seat out of a bit of plywood and some florists foam (pretty sure it is called oasis), easily shaped by hand and epoxy doesn't turn it to mush. Then if you want light weight take a mould and make another one.