Bellicose

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just joined the page, was interested in progress in your Gadabout. Also got one in the late stages of reno. Hams based.

Had a dude from England come for a look a few years back, was keen on the history of rear shock models.

You still got yours??

Jan 2009 Jas's Gadabout Pulled out of Nana's Garage 001 (6).jpg

• Like 1

On 22/01/2019 at 18:21, JayMoks70 said:

Just joined the page, was interested in progress in your Gadabout. Also got one in the late stages of reno. Hams based.

Had a dude from England come for a look a few years back, was keen on the history of rear shock models.

You still got yours??

Jan 2009 Jas's Gadabout Pulled out of Nana's Garage 001 (6).jpg

Sweet, yeah i've still got mine. Won't be getting rid of that one. It's a loooong term project and currently in boxes.

So yours is # 8N2199 yeah?

Bloody hell, yep that's the number on the frame, how'd ya know that?? Was looking thru some stuff, its still got original rego papers and shows my Grandfathers purchase in 1966!! Was sold new in Whakatane in 1960. It has a Villiers 2 speed engine. I got some cables from England a few years ago, and they aren't quite right, but hey what can ya do. What condition are yours?

Got a parts breakdown booklet too if you interested. Do you know the wheel/tyre sizes? I see you got some new rims, did they fit?

2 hours ago, JayMoks70 said:

Bloody hell, yep that's the number on the frame, how'd ya know that?? Was looking thru some stuff, its still got original rego papers and shows my Grandfathers purchase in 1966!! Was sold new in Whakatane in 1960. It has a Villiers 2 speed engine. I got some cables from England a few years ago, and they aren't quite right, but hey what can ya do. What condition are yours?

Got a parts breakdown booklet too if you interested. Do you know the wheel/tyre sizes? I see you got some new rims, did they fit?

Wasn't hard to work out mate, your username here on Oldschool and the first Gadabout Mark writes about in this article.

http://www.icenicam.org.uk/articles2/art0036.html

The Geoffrey Clark in the article has a big collection of mopeds down in Napier. I've spoken to him a few times and will pop in to see him next time i'm down there visiting my mum.

I don't have any cables, was just going to get some made because of the motor swap i'll need custom made ones.

As far as tyres go, the only place i could find them (23" x 2") were from here http://www.mopedland.co.uk/chain/index.html#tyre

But as my rims were rotten I'm going with 24", which by my reckoning will work fine.