nzed

Nzed's '67 Chrysler New Yorker

24 posts in this topic

Mean tank man. Pity about all the issues, but at least now you know where it's at.

1 person likes this

Cheers fella's.  Yeah definately agree. there is nothing like knowing where shits at for yourself.  Just hurts the pocket alot more is all! 

Oh well. I'm still lovin it, so its all worth it.

2 people like this

Just as well as you sold out of those unreliable rotaries aye......Jks

Sweet ride though, be a fun cruiser, heaps of room for everybody, and heaps of rod runs you can join up on. 

Unwanted opinion: satin dark charoal or similar would give it that murdered out look and look savage as. 

1 person likes this

Ha, LOL tell me about. this thing was not supposed to be a project or be this unreliable, dang it. haha.

Yeah, totally agree and the best bit is the cops wave on the way past instead of getting pulled over every time.  so much room in it, 6 up easy as LOL.

Your opinion is exactly what I would like to do to it, or matt black body and gloss black bumpers with 20" smoothies with a bit more low.

1 person likes this

Saw this on the way up to kumeu, Looks pretty tough on the road

1 person likes this

PLease post some pictures of the bearing comparo when they do arrive.

After fucking around with a diff of mine for a few days, I'm interested to see the difference. 

2 hours ago, morkster said:

Fark having a cast on sucks ay :)

Yeah man fully sucks big fat dicks.   I finally got it off last week.  So much easier.

On 29/10/2016 at 22:21, RUNAMUCK said:

Tapered needle roller cup and cone.

Shit, sorry man i forgot about this.  Yeah they have arrived i'll get some pics of them.  havent assembled yet..  but will update as I get things done.

1 person likes this

I believe the "one piece" ones are called deep groove. I was quizzing my dad out about it tonight. I think I'm going to have to strip mine and see if a deep groove tapered needle roller is available that size.

Have a lil Google for "Mopar 8 3/4"  diff green bearings" and pulls up hears of results and info on them. 

On 28/10/2016 at 08:03, nzed said:

Alright. have made a little progress albeit slow.  Having difficulty with motivation fixing this again if I am honest.

had to move the old bitch over in the shed.. got it over about 1.5m then this happened.

20161014_191829_zpsxi2fjjvs.jpg

current state of affairs now that I have some taller axle stands :(

20161014_212007_zpsjxkqs9jr.jpg

So i managed to get some parts from the states. ordered everything for the diff that I needed except the truetrac.

20161020_113420_zpsthexibgw.jpg

but my green bearings ( wheel bearings that eliminate the taper roller type ) seemed to be missing. seems that box got damaged and USPS taped the box back up but didnt put them back in first..  So new bearings on their way, again.  Seems i have to do shit twice alot these days. :|

made some more money and this arrived..

20161019_211949_zpsi59iq8i9.jpg

YEEEEEAAAAHH BOI!   truetrac is here.

more updates later when ive pulled the motor and trans out next week.

thanks for reading.

Fuck mate you can't turn a trick! I laughed so much at your go jack fail. Thanks for brightening up my day

lol harsh. speaking of which i still haven't straightened those wheel dollys.

How close to the weight of the old pistons are the new ones? 

If there's too much difference it's best practise to have your rotating assembly re balanced.

1 person likes this

The new ones are quite a bit lighter I believe but I won't know by how much exactly till tomorrow.

Yup I'm getting the whole lot rebalanced once I've set the comp ratios etc.