Threeonthetree's Volkswagen Golf

Threeonthetree

Why has nobody mentioned .............. Best seats ever. Like ever ever buy far. Soooooooooo fucking sweet.

Rest of car is also sweet. Canary yellow with go fast stripes and checker flag seats. Oh my god. Jizz face, king of the block if you had this when i was a lad.

Fuck its sweet

Yeah why not just weld up the hole?

Also, can we get a link to build? cheers

All of the links to my build threads are in my signature, at the bottom of every post.

But I'll add a link in the first post of this discussion thread too.

Why has nobody mentioned .............. Best seats ever. Like ever ever buy far. Soooooooooo fucking sweet.

Rest of car is also sweet. Canary yellow with go fast stripes and checker flag seats. Oh my god. Jizz face, king of the block if you had this when i was a lad.

Fuck its sweet

I love the seats too!!!! They're actually pretty tidy too. I'll get some more photos up today now that the car is stored indoors.

I've managed to source a set of flares for the car and it now has a steering wheel. One of those Nardi/Personal wood rimmed ones that seem to sell for moonbeams. Bought it for $5 which I'm okay with.

Good news st it allowed me to steer the car into its current parking space. Special thanks to Benny 'Sideshow Bob' the Austrian and Mrs Zebradude for helping to push the car into the car hole.

Progress on this car will be slow due to all the other stuff I have but I'll set about tracking down bits and pieces that I need. I fired it up using a crude fuel tank system from another car and it sounds healthy.

Next step is to get it starting on the key, stopping, steering, braking and generally functioning as an automobile. It's really not far off that to be honest. Just needs a bit of time.

One I have the car running reliably and have sorted out the issues that I find, I will concentrate on the panel and paint. The car has loads of surface rust and some more serious corrosion issues in a few places so once it's drivable I'll start punting it to and from various places where I can carry out the work. 

• 3 weeks later...

Any spare fuel accumulator/fuel pump/cradles for K Jet?

Unfortunately I'll have to break it to you that these are getting very hard to find these days.

Edit: Just realised I might be able to sort one out for you. Hahaha. I swear I'm not just trying to push the price. PM if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

http://volkswagenownersclub.com/vw/showthread.php/30020-83-rabbit-4-speed-to-5-speed-conversion-issues-PLEASE-HELP

Just dumping a link here for future reference. My car won't engage 5th gear at all. It was a 4 speed originally but I think I've found the problem.

Thankfully there are two later model 5 speed gearboxes available from a friendly local wrecker known as 'Z. Dude', wait, that's too obvious. I'll call him 'Zebra. D'.

So I will pillage some linkage parts and fiddle around with it eventually.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...