Bellicose's '86 Hilux of thin air.

Bellicose

Would it be possible to find a wrecked ute with the floor not fucked and transplant it? I replaced most of my footwell on both sides but couldn't be fucked making them all wiggly and at the same time, didn't want to lose structural rigidity so just welded in steel that was twice as thick. Probably NOT the way to go, but you could always do that as a last resort?

If the wof man never pulled it up for rust, you fix and undersealing etc, would you even need a repair cert? I mean officially yes, but who's even know? ;)

Would it be possible to find a wrecked ute with the floor not fucked and transplant it? I replaced most of my footwell on both sides but couldn't be fucked making them all wiggly and at the same time, didn't want to lose structural rigidity so just welded in steel that was twice as thick. Probably NOT the way to go, but you could always do that as a last resort?

If the wof man never pulled it up for rust, you fix and undersealing etc, would you even need a repair cert? I mean officially yes, but who's even know? ;)

Chances of finding a good floor for one of these is non existent.

Ya can put pretty much anything in there as a floor because cab mounts are welded to sills and not floors.

Toyota might sell real patch panels though.

I've seen ONE new floor panel for sale in the last 6 months, it was on flea bay in oz and the guy wanted above $300,pfffft...................

• Like 1

Fark! This is a labour of love eh? I have a couple of LN106's ... well 1 x LN106 and a LN65. But the LN65 cab was in the same sorta condition your cab looks to be so looking around, I managed to find a good nic single cab 106 cab to replace it. That cab came on a rolling chassis. There are still a heap of these things around the traps in different stages of disrepair. They wreck well too. Sometimes its more economical to buy another one and raid it for parts then selling the rest off to try and recoup some of the cost. This is what I did anyway and I pretty much well ended up getting a free cab when all was said and done. There is a bit of fucking around doing it this way though. You look like you are handy in terms of doing body work - I am not. but yeah ... love those luxers!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...