Nominal's 1961 Morris Oxford Traveller

Guypie

Have been filling/sanding the lower tailgate. Messy business.

Started cleaning up the SS trim from the windscreen. A pox on the PO that used silicone sealer on it.

About 10% of the way there.

p1100511.jpg

Also stripped the cowl panel.

p1100512.jpg

Have got some new wheels, but need to work out if they will actually fit OK.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tailgate parts both painted and somewhat shiny. They have been rust-proofed inside too, so shouldn't be an issue for a while.

p1100685.jpg

Took one rear window out for new seal. Naturally there is a bit of rust in evidence. Odd that it is on the vertical section.

p1100684.jpg

I also cleaned up and painted the lower edges of the floor panel that goes in the back over the petrol tank. I'm not going to paint the whole thing right now.

p1100686.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ass-end reassembled.

dscf1823.jpg

Comparison - less patina now, but a lot less rust too.

6aMESZ1.jpg

Currently working on fixing/repairing the torn headliner at the rear. Gluing some material behind the tears. 

Check out the fancy rear seat mounts. They parallelogram forwards to the seatbase goes up hard against the front seat (when it is slid right forward).

Some quality British design right there.

dscf1829.jpg

Then the upper squab of the seat back flips forward to give a comfortable bed-sized space. Luxury!

dscf1830.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Have been fixing/f*king some of the upholstery.

These are the rear interior panels, the skinny piece goes at the rear of the headlining.

dscf1866.jpg

This one is a bit rooted from historical leakyness

dscf1909.jpg

I picked up this rear door panel from Horopito as I had one entirely missing. The design matches the front seat (2-tone) but not the rest of the interior. I guess the front seat as been swapped at some point. Anyway the card is in bad shape from dampness at Horopito.

dscf1910.jpg

Rear panels cover this area (which I sprayed with cavity wax in the weekend, messy business)

dscf1912.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Literally flew the British flag (with @Big Value Buddy) at Wagnats. The new foam mattress worked well, as did the new curtain set up.

p1000437.jpg

Applied Wagoneer plaque (thanks to @KKtrips

p1000529.jpg

And the prize sticker from @HighLUX

p1000530.jpg

After a drive in the rain today it seems I need to work on the windscreen sealing some more. Wipers need attention too.

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

Took this oil-burner to Nats.

I really wanted to be able to lock the doors to keep my junk inside while parked in towns etc. The drivers door lock barrel seemed to be well seized up, and the passenger front door was missing a spring for the locking lever. Back doors were OK.

We stopped at Horopito on the way home from the Beach Hop and had a hunt around. Nothing much good in the yard

p1000820.jpg

But I found this rather amazing lock that looks like NOS (the one on the right) in a box of door locks in the upstairs storage area. Bought it for $40.

img_5888.jpg

There's a lot going on inside these locks with multiple levers and springs. The new one didn't come with a key, so I dropped it off at a locksmith before Nats. Didn't get it back before we left so....

We headed off south on the Ferry at Easter for a family love tour.

Stayed right by the Blenheim substation. Good 50Hz hum.

20180330_143627.jpg

Did a bit of touring around Marlborough, including the HVDC link lines

p1000887.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

WOF man told me at the last WOF (back in May) that I needed to fix the rust in the back door. Not really sure it should have been a fail point, but oh well. 

Only a few small holes. Kind of weird where they are too.

p1000065.jpg

Seemed easier to remove the door, had some hassles with the hinge attachments, but got it off. Hinges are welded to the door itself.

p1010979.jpg

Cut cut cut

p1010982.jpg

Patch for the inner frame

p1010983.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...