Neal's Triumph PI Wag

Connor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Kiwibirdman said:

When is threeonthetree going to become 4speedOD?????

Time for a name change Neal now that you have swapped the bogan holdens for the British stiff upper lip.

Based on the interest in a name change, this may have to become a vote for all of OS to partake in.
I still have two three on the tree Holdens left but not sure on how long that will be for.

Thanks to all those interested. I will try and take some more photos when I am next at the shed where the car is kept.
I've always wanted Wagon Time so this is ideal. The goal is Wagnats 2018 which is plenty of time for a refresh, WoF and some miles under its belt.

In the previous videos it sounded like it never quite ran right. I'll go through and thoroughly check the fueling system from the tank to the injectors. It still runs the original Lucas 'wiper motor' fuel pump so binning that is near the top of the list. Also the fuel surge issues below quarter of a tank will need to be addressed. I am thinking of a lift pump into a swirl/surge tank and then a better primary pump to send the fuel to the metering unit.

The car has been run for quite some time without any filter, plenum or cover over the throttle bodies so it's filthy on the intake side. All sorts of shit has gotten into into the throttle bodies. The injectors are leaking and the metering unit looks like it hasn't been touched in a long time. All straightforward things that just need time spent on them.

Following @BLIZZO's advice, I'll be replacing all the seals in the injection unit as this is one of the common causes of issues with this system.

John still has those motors, he is on the shore now, you might be able to get them alot cheeper? 

A cople of my triumphs had bearing problems, one did a hell clatter till it got some oil pressure, the other just had a regular heavy knocking from one rod bearing, it was driven all over NZ like that for years