Neal's Triumph PI Wag

Connor

Odd that it needs a quarter of the tank, the sedans have a big swirl pot in the tank to avoid the pump sucking air and doing this, I'd maybe look at adding a surge tank and having the main pump feeding from that, which for some reason I thought the estates had factory. Having to always have quarter tank would drive me nuts. Good work on the respray, and is agree with your panel beater in not removing the sunroof, fuck that, the roof would never be the same again.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Odd that it needs a quarter of the tank, the sedans have a big swirl pot in the tank to avoid the pump sucking air and doing this, I'd maybe look at adding a surge tank and having the main pump feeding from that, which for some reason I thought the estates had factory. Having to always have quarter tank would drive me nuts. Good work on the respray, and is agree with your panel beater in not removing the sunroof, fuck that, the roof would never be the same again.

If I have any less than a quarter tank in mine it won't start on anything other than flat ground. 

My guess, fuel gauge accuracy = poor. 

Oh i was meaning for PI tanks GreenTC, the Pi sedans have a different tank to carbed sedans, and wagons are obviously different again. My fuel gauge is surprisingly accurate, but when its out, its out. shitty fuel light flickers from quater of a tank down though

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/09/2015 at 08:20, Hannah said:

Such a cool car. Triumph wagons are the best! My MK1 is in desperate need of a new tailgate so let me know if you're keen to sell your spare one......

Just a gentle nudge of Hannah's post in here...

Glad to see you scored this one Neal!   I remember spotting it up for sale ages back on the Chch based trump club site and posting up somewhere on OS.. I then noted you gave the post a like.

Trump wagons...so lush.  Man this one so reminds me of the S wag we had while in the UK... Carmine red?

Ourlovelytriumph.jpg

Edit; what a crap photo. All focused on the bloody leaves. Sadly we took very few photos of that car even though it was our daily for bloody ages and saw a lot of miles from it. The nice fella ,Collin Radford, on the Truimph fanboy facebook group bought it from us and its still going strong.

• Like 2