Bwarp's 1972 Hillman Hunter

M Night Shamalayan

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so more like this then?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/vintage-parts/electrics/auction-1173709172.htm

If this cheapo set of stuff gives up the ghost too quick, i'll look at the full kit. the benefits do sound nice even if just for peace of mind

more or less that, i think it was cheaper to get it direct, and they give a bit of a warrenty

from the barrys i talk to, the main issue is the difference in tolerances between the old ones and the repro ones.

those conversion kits are fine as long as the rest of the unit is if fair cond

so more like this then?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/vintage-parts/electrics/auction-1173709172.htm

If this cheapo set of stuff gives up the ghost too quick, i'll look at the full kit. the benefits do sound nice even if just for peace of mind

I got 1 of those in the shitbox, all the distributors i've got were flogged out too much for a kit, easy to fit.

Anyone tell you about hunters occassional habit of running bearings-mainly no. 3 conrod- if you wind them up too much & keep it nailed. Had 1 let go @ 80mph, only learned of that trait AFTER i'd bought the car. Ended up lowering my standards by getting a 4cly vk commonwhore wagon, its ONLY redeeming feature was, like the grunta, was the way it sat on gravel roads- neither had power to grunt out've corners but both  were fairly predictable & chuckable.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

@M Night Shamalayan

I noticed this was outside your garage on Sunday, on one of the very few times I frequent that road.  Considered stopping to see if you needed a hand to push it back into the garage as I just assumed it had broken down. 

Ps come to next monthly meet,  (yet to be arranged) as its been far too long shit bag.