SR2’s 1947 Vauxhall “Rigamortice” Discussion thread.

sr2

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I fancy an old Vauxhall like this. I have a frind in Nelson who has two Vauxhall 'big' sixes parked on hios front lawn. Apparently one is a OK runner and does not need much work. Both around 1937 or so. I have asked him to give me one to fix up and his wife is well keen on this idea but he is a hoarder so it aint happening. I want an old car with running boards and this one the bonnet..

P1040179_JPG.jpg

Nice! I fancy an old Vauxhall like this. I have a frind in Nelson who has two Vauxhall 'big' sixes parked on hios front lawn. Apparently one is a OK runner and does not need much work. Both around 1937 or so. I have asked him to give me one to fix up and his wife is well keen on this idea but he is a hoarder so it aint happening. I want an old car with running boards and this one the bonnet..

P1040179_JPG.jpg

Wow; they are as rare as rocking horse shit in NZ and he's got two of them!

The Big 6 was rated at 20 RAC HP as opposed to the J14's 14 RAC HP. They were very classy cars in their day, you need to blackmail, bribe, intimidate, etc. your friend into letting you have one. 

• Like 1

Great story.

But I know a sad moment is comming when you park it up and she is left idle for two decades.  

I am going to predict compliance issues in your near future.  

Good luck .

Cheers mate, I didn't realize I'd have so much fun writing it all up, (remember 1992 and watch this space!).

The 70s were a hell of a drug eh

i hope she comes out as a 70s brit custom style with an even more horrible interior

yes the 70's had their moments; to be honest I can't remember much of it but everyone assures me I was having "lot's of fun" at the time!

• Like 3