Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More unicorn-spec optional OEM parts have appeared on Yahoo, but the price = moonbeams.

NQ63HwA.jpg

Factory monsoons for when it's pissing down but you absolutely need to have the window cracked open.

At a cool NZ$700 I think I will let these pass by... I'm not even sure if I can have them and the roof racks fitted at the same time!

Also for anyone who missed the gigantic Nats 2016 photo thread, here's a couple of cool shots of the AW with a fellow pop-up enthusiast at the top of the Bruce Road, Whakapapa. Covered the 750km round trip with no dramas although I have since noticed the starter is now a bit sticky when engaging. It's the perils of having just ticked over 100,000km I suppose!

IdCQ7hI.jpg

5jufHkD.jpg

ZamhWA0.jpg

Also thanks to everyone's favourite train enthusiast Jamie/HighLUX for supplying a pair of replacement interior C-pillar trims without speaker grilles. Purists might argue that facelift AWs should have the grilles, but I discovered that having rear speakers was actually a big waste of time and prefer the cleaner look of the pre-facelift trims - so it all works out nicely in the end. Sample pic follows:

jTPAlvF.jpg

Discuss: http://oldschool.co....1-sc-chit-chat/

• Like 7

Dunno why, but I've always preferred the design of the pre-facelift AW11 steering wheel (shared with AE86s, AE82s, and a couple of other 'sporty' Toyotas from the same era) over the facelift one.

Here they are side by side for comparison... facelift on left, pre-facelift on right. Perspective is a bit off in the photo - they are actually the same diameter (but pre-facelift has a thinner rim).

25941396552_6fd34221db_c.jpg

I installed the pre-facelift one today, we'll see how long it lasts before I go back to the Nardi/Personal.

• Like 7

Let's play "spot the AW11" on Google Street View...

Image is from May 2015, so a month or two before the car was sold and shipped out to NZ.

vZE806m.jpg

Yup, that's it on the right hand side of the shot. The car yard (Marumi Auto) has also revamped their website to highlight the fact they specialize in selling '80s and '90s sports cars, which is sort of cool! (And also some really oddball cars...)

• Like 7

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Received a new TGP "Caution Plate" decal through a contact in Japan. The one on my driver's door is a bit ratty looking and some of the lettering has rubbed off. Fucking annoying.

Didn't think you could still get genuine ones and was originally searching around for reproductions, so this is handy.

29760528430_b57204fe79_b.jpg

It basically tells you not to do stupid shit like park on long dry grass, stop driving the car if the catalytic converter overheats or the check engine light comes on, and make sure to read the owners' manual before operation! There's no caution against burnouts though, so I guess those are allowed.

Hashtag: jaydeem-az-fvkk.

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...