azzurros 1966 FIAT Duemilatrecento Familiare Discussione

azzurro

Cheers duders,

I have a model of it already, blue with white roof, red interior, and black wheels :)

qp4aMW.jpg

Pretty keen on the 124, but ill see what the boss says about it first! If i do get it I wont be getting onto it for a while - the 125 needs some loving first.

I generally like to apply 'if fitted then must work rule' to parts on my cars, and i thought they  needed to work along with wipers - might be a vehicle age thing? They didnt check them in the end, but i like to have them and they are now electric.

• Like 3

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

lol, yes, near new tyres half worn already. I didnt quite get onto it before we left for nats

they were 6deg toe out? each side (were even tho so it drove straight, just was funky in the corners) and the wheel alignment pulled them back to 2deg toe in? (cant recall but the opposite way to what it was) each side so 8deg out each wheel or 16deg total.

Im blaming this for lack of placing in Grasskhana. (i coulda been a contender!)

Caster (2deg) and Camber (0 to slightly negative) were pretty good.

With the rain on the way back it was pretty sketchy driving, so made the call to stop and get er done.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

cheers man, already bought a big wedge of other 2300 treasure he was selling and had the HG on the ol' watchlist.

I presume he tripped over the pile of parts that was i assume originally in the boot of a 2300 sedan he sold last year :) 

New waterpumps are still available from europe for cheap (fitted to teh 4 cylinder 1500 version of this engine in polski125 cars and other fiat models of the era).

Actually a lot of parts are pretty easy to find if you know what else they were used in - eg brakes are Girling and used in Jags, Maseratis, Astons, Ferrarris and detomaso Panteras. (Searching the jag parts numbers being the trick to finding the bargains!)  Oil pumps and filters are used on most 60-70s Fiats from the 2 cyl 500 to the earliy 1400cc twin cams, etc.

Just 2300 specific engine parts like pistons, head gaskets, bearings etc are tricky, and very expensive (the 2300 coupes with the same chassis and running gear are 'baby ferrari' money, 50k euros+!) . And body parts are just unobtainium.

• Like 1

Gotta love the modularity (I'm sure that is a word) of old fiats, particularly the twin cam fours!  Funny you mention Jag stuff, it was a well known performance upgrade to use jag valve springs in Triumph engines. Dirt cheap too.

• 5 months later...

Ooh. A 2300 coupe! rare bird for sure. Thats 2 i know of in nz. Wheres the engine? Is it an 'S'?

Looks like a proper fiat pest with the yellow 850  on the right and is that big silver car a 130 sedan on the left? (Would love a 130 coupe!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...