azzurros 1966 FIAT Duemilatrecento Familiare Discussione

azzurro

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i might need a hand to pull the engine & box. (also, got a 44mm socket?  need one for the torsion bars)

having it out will make it easy to fix all the broken stuff, check the state of the engine, fit all the new bits and pieces and clean up/paint the engine bay etc.

then i can DRIVE out and straight back in again

because driving is way better than both pushing AND cutting out rust.

• Like 1

yeah man.

might need to steal back one of them lada boxes too (not this weekend tho!)

the bell housing might just fit the engine (starter on drivers side) work and then i will know that i could use a later model 4/5 speed, at the loss of the column change

i havnt been able to get it into gear yet moves between gates but wont go into gear - feels like the forks might be worn and i noticed some bodgery on the linkages for more leverage, so yeah.

- dented sump

- oil leaks everywhere

- gearbox not going into gear

- no clutch

- leaking axles

- no brakes

- heaps of slop in the suspension bushings

but first things first - LOWS

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"So excited, i get to buy a new partscar today."

pretty stoked as that covers everything i need to complete mine. The tail gate(s!) are a real score and i was quite worried i would never find one now ive got 3!.

I will still possibly get the sedan from wellington if only because it has widened steelies, good windscreen and a diff.

when you do a full concorse resto

oh you, so silly.

Im going for a tidy engine bay and running gear, and functional & complete everywhere else, to keep some of the patina

I also just dont have the patience for doing a Snoozin level of superclean/going full retard.

• 2 months later...

Awesome work so far. Gives me the motorvation to get out in my shed.

You could probably fashion some new handbrake pads out of some generic ones and a few licks of the angle grinder.

cheers man, if i could get this scraping like your projects i would!

the old angle grinder is a back up plan for sure - the pads are only about 5mm thich with a 3mm backing plate so i have saved some worn pads - they also have a hook thing on the back that basically just stopts them falling out that would need making and welding on - unsure how the material or adhesive would like that?

The other option is re-shoeing which i understand they just 'glue' some new pad material on. 

Nah, not to this nats, maybe the next one.

Super crazy busy at work for the next month with a 2 week overseas holiday in the middle doesn't leave enough shed time (to be fair it would take at least a month full time to sort this shitter out)!

So busy at work I had to cancel my leave for the Friday 4th March, so will be coming down that night instead of lazily cruising via track day and smash palace  :(

PS if anyone is going to Horopit smash palace for a raid, there is a 2300 wagon there (somewhere?), it has metal monsoon shields on all the windows - I MUST HAZ THEM!!!

Get them for me, I give you moneys.

EDIT as per this pic from earlier ITT

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/49262-azzurros-1966-fiat-duemilatrecento-familiare-discussione/?p=1555449

• 1 month later...

Man, I can share 'dem feelz, same same but coupe lyfe different.

I took the whole rear quarter off to do mine though :|

16195874893_2880f779b8_b.jpg

A "few" holes

16820695797_4ea9e1824f_b.jpg

Nek Minnit

16405698744_e1c7de25b2_b.jpg

Several layers and a stack more out then some replacement metal in

16928549200_3a934234f6_b.jpg

Then some more

16643514583_cb9732aa59_b.jpg

Fuck that area in the ass. I still have the other side to do.

• Like 1