azzurros 1966 FIAT Duemilatrecento Familiare Discussione

azzurro

Come at me with your parts leads, hints and tips on maintaining patina, turd polishing and good wagoneering lifestyle support groups.

Also maybe engine swaps, air bags and turbos, but thats for later, maybe. Probably not but maaaybee.

MshaD3.jpg

tNmb7W.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me neither!

Apparently this is one of only 2, but there was one in the yard at Italian Autos for years, one guy in wellington restoring one and this one at Horopito (might be ex Italian Autos, IDK). Anyway thats at least 3, maybe 4.

Keen on the monsoons, bumpers and hatch, but will need to save my pennies!!

NzCuor.jpg

The second planned shipment went to Aussie and i know of a few over there.

• Like 1

i like it.

are there any cool looking early merc in line 6s?

IDK, id advocate toyota because thats my jam but realistically what you got. 1G - fucking NO. M - please. JZ - all day but will look wrong as fuck. 

umm, that 4.5 litre landcruiser fucker, thats like 2 ton on its own and the bell housing is is a metre and a half diameter so thats out. 

early BMW motor? 

whatever you do its got to be crossflow just because. 

anywho, see if you can get that long armed goon Chris to fix rust for you and then its all plain sailing from there. honest. 

• Like 1

I thought I had a few photos to add of the one in Horopito but you've already found one of them already!

Anyway, to re-cap, this was how it looked like when I visited in 2008:

NewZealand-44.jpg

Then in 2011, I saw it again and it wasn't looking quite so great (or even quite so green, as my camera settings were obviously wrong):

20110630-IMG_4164.jpg

I know it looks to have moved but actually the trees in the background have just been cleared. Sadly, the 'screen is smashed and the rear's caved in.

20110630-IMG_4166.jpg

I revisited this time last year but didn't seem to have taken any photos but I'm guessing another 4 years haven't done it many favours, sadly. Someone on here bought a Honda N600 from Horopito and got another one in worse condition thrown in to the deal, so  despite their reputation for asking stiff money for stuff, perhaps it'd be worth giving them a call and asking about buying it for some useful spares.

• Like 3

No way Swampo, stealing's wrong. Must pay even if its decaying :)

Most of the bits I could use don't rust (trims etc)

The bits that I really need are missing (hatch glass, tail light) or damaged (bumpers).

Jon, are you a crazy 2300 fan or does this car just happen to be part of a Horopito time series?

This is the greetest. could have bought it for $800 6 years ago but sanity prevailed and now look where I am.

not sure sanity actually prevailed

anyway def keen for another geez/come stay if you want to goto horopito I hear there is a VX engine there I should grab one day.

Jon, are you a crazy 2300 fan or does this car just happen to be part of a Horopito time series?

No, I'm not 2300 crazy, apart from the fact that I think they're really good looking, especially in wagon and coupé form. I'd posted a load of photos of my 3 visits to Horopito on a UK forum but there's not really much point posting others up on an NZ, since it's so accessible to us. If you're into old cars and haven't been, I'd say it's a must to visit - costs all of a couple of bucks in the donations box to drop in. Right up there with the Transport & Toy Museum in Wanaka - make sure you visit during Warbirds over Wanaka like I did, to save megabucks on the ticket costs, as it backs on to the air strip. 

This is the greetest. could have bought it for $800 6 years ago but sanity prevailed and now look where I am.

not sure sanity actually prevailed

anyway def keen for another geez/come stay if you want to goto horopito I hear there is a VX engine there I should grab one day.

might be rolling down with the family for the snow soon, will have to drag them along to sit in the muddy carpark while i play cars instead of skiiing :)

Tho maybe a boys weekend away would be good and can spend all the time needed and with extra hands make light work.

also, stupid inflation :/ .

• Like 1