Stylez GX61 MKII Hardtop couch spec disc.

stylez

Please dont just flip the centers!! The fact is that they looks piss weak when people do this, it looks terrible to anyone that has a eye for wheels. I cringe everytime i see a wheel with some huge reverse fitment dish, then realise its a 6" let down.

I dont usually get all negative like this on someones pride and joy, but i think youll be much, much happier if you either widen them or just run as is.

my 2c

• Like 1

Fair enough. Makes sense.

Just seemed like an obvious cheap way to get "the look" without dropping twice what the car is worth, but I totally get your point.

Question though, is this not how the offset/dish trend came about ? Seems logical with the boso guys going for extreme everything, that somebody would have started doing this ? If so could just get away with it being a period correct mod. Haha.

Can't see why not, wheels will be here hopefully by the weekend so I can teardown and clean.

The interweb suggests these are 3 peice, but the guy I got them from advertised them as 2 piece, I don't know.

Because the other option I've heard of is using a set to make 2 wide ones, I think using like 2 rear halves together to make one or something ? Can't remember properly now.

If they are 3 piece I could probably stretch for some lips from Pine or something I suppose, I really love the wheels and they aren't very common so it'd be worth it. I'll see how they look mounted.

Edit : They're currently 14x6 +19 , not sure I'd gain much on reverse mounting face ? Maybe take it down to like +15 if I was lucky ? (Think I know how offset works but probably not)

• 3 weeks later...

Few small updates to car, might try the Center flipping biz next week as I've got the week off.

May sound like a stupid question, but they were advertised as 2 piece by the seller, however the net says all 3 piece but some welded to end up being 2 peice (on the barrel, face still unbolts) and some not, My question is, if they aren't welded, the face is what's holding them together right ? So should deflate tyres prior to unbolting face, is that correct ?

• 1 year later...