120why's 75 Datsun 120y

120why

That factory looking colour is just plain awesome.

I'm sure it is this car I saw going the other way on Hutt Motorway after the Hutt riverbank hardpark a couple of months back?

Yeah! Sure was. Headed over the hill for that one. Yep, original colour

and cheers Al for your coments

Awesome man.

Glad you signed up!

This thing looks so rad in the flesh. Had me pinning at gull in masterton!

Shot Joe! Will be good to come to some of your guys events and get involved...

Haha, she stands out alright!  Plans - a12, possibly bored out, cam, twin 40 dellortos, a15 head with bigger valves... something that goes quicker than a standard motor anyway ... need to do some more research into options  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

My 2 cents:

I don't like the black petrol flap. It stands out but not in a good way.

The sunvisor is pretty cool but it really clashes with the current style of the rest of the car (chin spoiler, aggressive modern wheels etc).

Maybe try painting the visor black? I say a 120Y in Australia with a black visor which actually looked pretty good.

Otherwise this is an awesome car! Great job so far.

• Like 1

Yeah the flap was one of those silly ideas, ill get the green one back on!Yeah thats the issue, was going to paint it black tomorrow and see how it looks plus the roof racks but it may be too much. Might need standard datsun flying sourcer hubcaps to pull the visor off!

• Like 1

Hey mate loving then build, sweet car and im a datsun man myself, as far as carb tuning goes i would say if you can get some cheap or free try a slightly richer emulsion tube even a .14 may solve your problem but if not try a.5 and see what works

• Like 1

Hey mate loving then build, sweet car and im a datsun man myself, as far as carb tuning goes i would say if you can get some cheap or free try a slightly richer emulsion tube even a .14 may solve your problem but if not try a.5 and see what works

cheers monsta ill try get my hands on some, wouldnt know of any floating round? I think its running pretty lean as im getting 8.8L per 100 km and thats pushing it hard

Hi, 

REAL NICE  JOB.

Can I ask where you got the rear louvre. I would like to fit one to leedles 120y.

Cheers

Leedles Dad

I scored my louver on trademe almost 3 years ago for $100! It included the mounting clips :) Best score out! I havnt seen one for sale since, very hard to get unfortunately

e3edbwib.ojc.jpg