Blizzo's '83 KP Starlet rally car

BLIZZO

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where'd you get that heat shield stuff from? Guna have to make us one of those! 

Nice work with cam timing too guna make a big difference ours is 2 or 3 degree out I'm fairly certain 

Fuck I'm guna have to drive the shit outa my thing to stay in front of you this year..

6 hours ago, _Matt said:

Those headers are gonna be pretty hard to fully weld since they're all tacked together. Look good though!

Yea two of the pipes only have one small tack on the flange and onto the secondary collector so they can be split in half super easy for welding 

1 hour ago, CorollaGT said:

That stuff is available from Repco etc. Made by ACL.

Looks good Blake, will have to try and scrounge another ride when it's running again!

Yea I got it from repco was only $40 for a big sheet which did all of that and my starter motor shield. Yea mark def get your bum In the Willy seat again, there is 7 rounds this year so plenty of opportunity 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rhyscar said:

Fuck I'm guna have to drive the shit outa my thing to stay in front of you this year..

ha i dunno, you will still have horsepower on me, and a close ratio box as opposed to my pooey standard k40, im sure we will have some great fun embarrassing some 1600 cars though. Gutted that i'm going to miss the otara rd tarmac round as it clashes with NZRC, might be another one i miss too, 7 rounds is quite an ask, especially with the mrs not working looking after the child thing.

Yeah I don't think we are going to make all the rounds. Nick wants to but I've just started a new job and Mrs wants to buy a house this year so may just do a few of them. 

Might just pick a few of the better roads cause it's a hell of a trip to make it down by the time I get down there and back. 

Guna do some rallies this year?

Yea man Tararua Rd, fordell road and that one by the Taihape car club will be the ones worth it. Nah no room in the budget for rallies this year, and I'm spannering for someone else in NZRC, bit will do a couple next year. Pretty keen to go do Ashley forest next year too 

• Like 1

• 6 years later...