Kiwi808 wants to build a rotorbike.

kiwi808

So, as the title states I plan on trying to build a rotary powered velo bike. Mainly for my own LOL's and also to stick on the back of the B1600 for car shows etc.

The main issue I currently have is how I want it to look and how I am going to make it work. I guess I would also like it to confirm to any Velo Drome bike rules so that one day if I wanted I could come along and do some droming I could.

I have never built anything like this and don't know what I'm doing so all advice/input will be greatly appreciated.

I would also consider purchasing a pre built frame if someone has one for sale.

• Like 5

Well I'm not really sure. I would be happy with anything just to get things started and could change later on?

What do you have Rusti?

Well i have a bicycle frame or 2 (big safety bike with 28 inch wheels style) which are not that cool.  Some cut up frames and someone who owes me money and supplies has a frame like this 

AOS-2024S-7.jpg

Already fitted with a motorbike rear wheel which is convenient for fitting an engine.   He's scary though, but i believe he would sell it.  i can buy it from him so you don't have to deal with him.

i didnt realise i was selling you a motor so you can copy my velo bike hahah! the km3 doesnt make alot of horsepower so have to consider frame weight. also carb tuning is a freaking bitch!

It's just a idea at this stage. As I said never built one before and no nothing about them other than they look cool. I figured a rotorbike would be a good way of making the km3 make sweet sweet rotary noises.

And I want something to display on the back of the ute. I have two old J.A.P 80cc motors that I could also use (which is why I bought them).

I have 7 BMX bikes two of which will be ideal for chopping up.

• Like 1