Kempy's ACME Healing Cruiser.

kempy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A workmate was showing me some light aviation magazine with a few microlight (or ultralight..if there's a difference i don't know what it is) airplanes powered by jet turbines. The turbine units only looked to be the size of a small bucket.

Of course the first thing that came to mind was WOULD MAKE KEMPYS BIKE SO MUCH MORE DANGEROUS

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

20" Rims for these cruisers, can you buy new rims on their own?  All the ones I have are rusty inside and out and make me a bit concerned they might puncture.

Oh yeah, safety first. Glad to see you are concerned about rusty rims on your JET POWERED BICYCLE... :-D  :-D  :-D

I can't tell you how glad I am people are:

(1) doing shit like this

(2) sharing it...

• Like 6

Starting to put it together now, knew i should have gone slightly larger with the stainless tube as it took 3 hours to feed the pipes and wires through with a lot of silicone.

Loosely mounted on the frame for the first time, starting on the control solenoid mounts and filters in the fuel tank.

Managed to keep it to still just a single bolt to attach/detach,

dswnnaeg.wka.jpg

• Like 6

Finally have the pump assembly together, this fits inside the a cavity in one end of the fuel tank

Fuel Pump, Solenoids and Filters for both Fuel and Propane start.

5bnvtcdx.rih.jpg

I had zero luck trying to find a good set of rims that weren't past it with rust so I bought this bike just for the wheels, Felix picked it up for me in CHCH and he reckoned it was too good to tear down so I decided to get the whole bike shipped to Akl which ended up being the right thing to do..

Thanks to the help of Felix and the good chaps at Mainfreight for the shipping, this wee baby turned up at work.

I think I've accumulated 6 frames now, so I hope to get the other 3 up and running for the family beach house, I'll keep this one up to spec so I can go for a ride iith the kids and totally knacker them out!

Annoying kids? no problem!, just flick a switch and blast away with Acme Jet Cruiser...

mba1sdyk.zbs.jpg

• Like 3

Control box almost complete, almost as I couldn't find any 6 pin plugs like the other ones I used locally so they'll have to go on later, I'll just stuff a grommet in the hole for now.

This houses the ECU, Battery, a little servo trickery and a whole nest of wires.

Ended up being a lot bigger than I imagined it to be as the die-cast boxes jump from just a tiny bit too small to way to big.

I ended up placing it directly over the turbine for a couple of reasons being that if the turbine decides to let go it has another barrier to get through before it hits the rider, also it helps protect the turbine if I fall off.

Nearly done!

dvkizirs.dfo.jpg

• Like 4