Kempy's ACME Healing Cruiser.

kempy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, yeah I have the side in me which says replace replace, but then there's the "it's just a bike you'll use once in a blue moon" bit, I'll get the bearings and see how it feels, it it pisses me off then I'll get a new crank/cups.

Leaving it looking rusty has been a challenge for Mr. ooh shiny bead blast it, chrome/paint

• Like 3

Went to Saeco bearings and ordered some new ball bearings.

For future reference in case anyone needs the info:

Pedal Ball bearings are 5/32", 11 balls per cup.

Steering ball bearings are 5/32" , 16 balls per cup

Crank ball bearings are 1/4" 9 balls per cup

Will update with wheel bearings when I get to them unless someone else still has the info?.

Grease, I'm using a Lithium Complex EP2 as that's  what I had in the shed,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

we run avtur FSII (icing inhibitor). and fuel samples every day to check for water in the tanks almost always come up clean, but that fuel still gets wasted.

you could probably get a pretty steady source of jet -a1 if you made friends with who ever does the samples at the civilian airports.

How much fuel do they sample? It was only 100mls or so back when we were doing oil and fuel samples, but some things might have changed sine then.

I don't use a heck of a lot tbh. Still... free fuel is free fuel!

Sounds logical, Just being nosey, are you (or whoever) doing the tests onsite or do you send them off to a lab for testing? We used to use SGS, cant remember who it was before them, I think it was our own labs back in Australia.

fuel drains are a daily occurrence during preflight checks. we literally drop 500mls from each point, swirl it around (this causes a vortex that forces the heavier water to the bottom) and check for water. 

oil samples are done via a SOAP (spectrometic oil analysis program) and is done offsite i believe, but im not sure, all i do it package it up and send it off to the tech cell. 

• 2 weeks later...

I watched that a while ago and had a chuckle at it.

One thing I didn't anticipate is how loud this thing is and the extent of how far very hot air extends. certainly not going to be an every day commuter.

Put the engine on a test rig and had a couple of trial runs up to 90Krpm, loads of fun!

np5h0bas.cbn.jpg

The Mrs now knows about the secret jet bike plan, that's for sure.

pretty sure the neighbors do too.

• Like 6