Kempy's ACME Healing Cruiser.

kempy

Found this on a visit to Threeonthetree's shed the other day.

Sweet little cruiser, just needs a bit of love.

hyzvjwrj.yua.jpg

Bit of rust in the Rims, not sure if it's fatal or not, must be able to pick these things up with relative ease?

a1yeudty.gor.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More for shits'n'giggles really.

Been asked what speeds to expect out of this with wild expectations , some of these jets will do 500kph+ on a plane, would be lucky to get 50k's on a bike though, possibly more with pedalboosttm.

Lots more weight to push about and loads of friction to overcome.

Its a mid sized unit with almost 15kg of thrust, bigger ones are available , up to 40kg at present.

• Like 1

Should be a bit of fun, lots of noise and a bit of straight line speed once it gets going, will definitely still need the pedals for hills and starts.

I'd like to make it "bolt on and go" and leave the bike as original as I can apart from new tyres , bearings and some brakes. And a new seat, its a bit lumpy.

Initial thoughts are tubing sub frame, same colour as the bike while trying to keep it looking minimalist.

Kero (jet a1) fuel tank parallel to the seat stalk, perhaps 4"alloy tube with a false bottom to hide the fuel pump. It drinks a lot for a tiny engine (350mls/min) so I wont be going for long distance records.

Another oval or round tube to hide the ECU and battery and possibly the mini propane bottle (for starting) and run all wiring and tubing inside the engine sub frame, I hate seeing wires and crap everywhere.

A quick release clamp around the seat and steering stalk to hold it all on, if that's what you call it.

Will need to put controls somewhere.

Open to suggestions on all of it, will do a couple of shoddy sketches and post them up.

• Like 4

They're not too difficult to get used to.

Fuel pump voltages, fuel/rpm curves and air temp/pressure are the main considerations for setting it up.

Once set up with the GSU (ground support unit) its all in the ECU and essentially auto start.

Another drawing, I like this one better as it's a lot cleaner.

Made from 20mm aluminium or stainless tube to allow all cables to be placed inside it with a 100mm aluminium/stainless tube for fuel and pump housing.

Yet to decide where to mount electronics and the mini propane tank

Concept is that the sub frame has rubber lined guides that fit over the existing frame and the whole thing clamps onto the 25mm adjustable seat stalk, so it shouldn't take more than a minute to remove, aiming for the "strap on a jetpack" design.

In theory, the tank should give me about 8 minutes at full noise, 10-15 minutes at 2/3.

lfhocyty.oe2.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Started to strip it down tonight so I can get measurements spot on and do a bit on maintenance.

With a bit of a scrub it should come up pretty well, don't think I'll even bother to paint completely, just a couple of patches.

Any Idea what the colour might be?

ya4rcy4j.u3q.jpg

Crank bearings are poked, what's the go can you buy replacement bearings, balls or?

hjuuxdor.ih1.jpg

• Like 1