Benjamin 103 1968 mk2 cortina

hey all got a mk2 cortina 1968 that have been rebuilding for many many years time to finish the dam thing so got some q's..

engine has been rebuilt but been sitting in my garage for 5 years... do i need to pull it apart and oil it up? never been turned over since built.. been in a dry garage for the past 5 years..

needing a new bonnet 

looking to buy twin 40 dcoe webbers jetted to run a A6 cosworth cam any one know a good place to buy.. 

needing some extractors to be made to any one keen?

and a ignition system setup ?

photos tomorrow 

ben

Once matts cars done ben we doing mine, yours can sit at the back of the queue.

For ignition I would just run an electronic setup to remove the points, extractors you could prob by off the shelf from coby, and webers did you want to go new or second hand?

• Like 1

Hahahaha only few rust patches to be done on yours dave lol ! bring ya door over Sunday we will have a look at it . Ben reckons since he has that a6 cos worth racing cam there only 1 carb that'll work with it which is what he said setting him back about 2k new

• 1 month later...

Well the engine is stripped I would go for a cam that is much more driveable than the A6.

They are ok if your engine is constantly sitting above 6000-7000rpm, but hopeless trying to drive anywhere in traffic.

Technology in cam designs is on our side these days letting us have a nice engine tone with a good rev range and driveability all in one.

Just food for thought as I have had that cam and sidedraght combo and it wasn't very friendly on the road.

Also you will have to have very well built tuned extractors and a well thought out exhaust to gain any benifits from the cam/carb combo too

Corey